Genesis II burner tube questions

Paul Harker

I am rehabbing an E-435 as outlined in another thread. Being extra cautious I took a close look at the burner tubes and noticed all four main burners AND the sear burner are stamped with the same number (71427). This appears to be an "internal part number" since it shows up nowhere. The Webers at the local hardware store have similar unlisted numbers. But in all cases the sear burner has a different stamped number than the main burners. I could see no other clear difference between the sear burners and the main burners.

The parts list for the NG E-435 shows the correct sear burner as 67490 and the main burners (set of four) as 67545

I believe the seller had replaced one, or all burners and expect that at least the sear burner is the incorrect part.
So the question is whether there is any real difference in the various Genesis II burner tubes. (NG vs Propane, Main vs Sear) It could be something as simple as a different air shutter preset that differentiates the part numbers, or there could be something fundamentally different.

Does anyone know what the differences are?

It could be that Weber sells the “set” of three for the grills with no sear burner and for the ones with the sear burner as well. Then they sell an individual one to replace the sear burner. All burners could actually be the same. I know I use the three regular burners a lot more than the sear so they will probably need to be replaced before it does. Just guessing. 🙂

Back