Genesis grill

Allan Saity

Hi i have recently bought a weber genesis after years of using char broil. I find that it cooks the meat instead of grilling the meat . Any suggestions please. Thanks

A little more information please.
Is it a new grill or a used grill?
What model is it?
How many burners does it have?
How hot does it get on high after about 15 minutes or so?

Can you explain what you mean by cooking the meat vs grilling the meat? It sounds like maybe the grill is not getting hot enough, but I am not sure what you mean by "cooking the meat".
Maybe post a couple pictures of the flames.

Welcome to the forum. I am sure we can get you fixed up when we get a bit more info.

Hi it is a new genesis 4 burner. It gets really hot when i light all 4 burners uo ti about 220-240 Celsius after 15 min. When I used to bbq rib eye steak the fat woyld get “burnt”. I find with the weber it sort of cooks the meat like its in an oven or in bbq on indirect heat . Di even though it was cooked perfectly it didn’t really get the grill look of steak . The fat was cooked but stayed the same color. It fidnt get browned at all. Hope this makes mire sense.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 17, 2021, at 7:26 AM, The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board <admin@tvwbb.com> wrote:

OK that makes a bit more sense. I would like to see a bit more heat out of that grill though, at least 270C. I would think a new 4 burner would get hotter.
Are you letting the grill get up to full temp before you throw the meat on? You should still get some sear on the steak at 220c.
The other option is the reverse sear. Don't knock this method, it really works and NO, the steak doesn't taste like propane when you are done.

Back