Genesis ep330 not heating up

Mike Len

Hey guys. I just rescued this 2013 Weber genesis ep330 from a curb side. I totally gutted it (took out burners also) and cleaned it the best I could. I cleaned the rust out of the burners with a small pick and blew them with air very well before I reinstalled them. I hooked up the propane and lit the burner one at a time. All lit first go. Had a nice blue flame. When I had the 3 Main burners going on high the flames were quite low. I can only get the bbq to 345 degrees on high. When I blow down at the burners with the heat shield on it will flame up higher and have a yellow flame come out around the heat shields. Any suggestions on how to get more heat? The propane is full also. I have been using the bottle all winter too. Thanks

Odds are a couple things. Try doing a full reset on the LP bottle and the regulator. Turn off the grill, turn of the bottle. Disconnect the bottle. Reconnect it, slowly turn it on. Then try to light the grill off. If that does not work try a new regulator and hose

Odds are a couple things. Try doing a full reset on the LP bottle and the regulator. Turn off the grill, turn of the bottle. Disconnect the bottle. Reconnect it, slowly turn it on. Then try to light the grill off. If that does not work try a new regulator and hose
Thanks for the reply. Can I get a regulator from the local home hardware that’s not a Weber regulator? Or it has to be Weber made? Thanks.

You can get any regulator as long as it has the correct fitting on it (a 3/8" flare fitting IIRC) but if you need/want to try a new one, take the old one off and bring it with

Regulator and hose should be about $10. You many not be able to find them for that price locally. You can order one through Home Depot for $9 or Amazon for $9.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B078K8DSXC/tvwb-20

Back