Genesis EP 310 has porcelain flavorizer bars, not SS - what gives?

GeorgeG

TVWBB Member
I looked at a new Genesis EP-310 yesterday and it had porcelain favorizer bars in it, not SS.

The grates were SS.

Is this the norm?

I thought on the EP models that the grates and flavorizing bars were both SS.

I looked at a new Genesis EP-310 yesterday and it had porcelain favorizer bars in it, not SS.

The grates were SS. I thought on the EP models that the grates and flavorizing bars were both SS.

Is this the norm?

Hmmm.... I bought an EP-330 about six weeks ago and it has the SS flavorizing bars and grates. Were you looking at one that was put together and is a floor model? I'd suspect that someone swapped out the flavorizer bars if that's the case. FWIW; I told the guys at Ace HW where I bought it that I wanted to put mine together and they were very happy to accommodate. They even threw in a Weber cover.

EDIT by georgeg:

I went back again and looked at these grills after checking another dealer.

They had EP price tags and SS grates on standard E grills. The grills did NOT have the "Professional" nomenclature on them by the Weber name. I wonder how many bought these thinking they got the top of the Genesis line. The salesman said someone must have changed the bars one the grill I was looking at because they needed them for another grill. Funny thing, I checked every E (or per them EP)series on the floor (about 10 grills) and they were all setup the dame and all were marked EP on price tag.

They have exactly what I want on the floor (Genesis NG & SS internals) after they put SS bars in for the same price,which they offered to do.

However, I will not by there.

I would always wonder where else they might have cut some corners and I wouldn't have a "Professional", at least in name. Besides, from what I could see, I believe they are put together by some part time kids (might as well go to Home Depot or Lowe's where the grills are half a**ed assembled).

I'll go to the other dealer across town. They are straight shooters and specialize in grills. They just don't have as many on the floor do space but they do have lots in stock ready to be assembled. And,the owner assemblies the grills

Last edited:
It makes no sense to me that a dealer would add SS grates to an E model and then sell it at an EP price. The EP is 50 dollars more than the E and SS grates from Weber are 120 dollars, so where is the profit?

The only way they could be making money is if the grates were third party and probably of inferior quality and not covered under warranty since they are not original to the grill.

FYI: the badge on an EP says “Genesis special editon” not professional.

I would run not walk away from that guy.

It makes no sense to me that a dealer would add SS grates to an E model and then sell it at an EP price. The EP is 50 dollars more than the E and SS grates from Weber are 120 dollars, so where is the profit?

The only way they could be making money is if the grates were third party and probably of inferior quality and not covered under warranty since they are not original to the grill.

FYI: the badge on an EP says “Genesis special editon” not professional.

I would run not walk away from that guy.

OOPs, you are right it's Special Edition not Professional. I guess I had a senior brain f**t

EDIT by georgeg:

And,the owner assemblies the grills

George; I agree completely. Putting the grill together will ensure that you know how it was done and give you a good understanding of how everything works. I did it myself and it took just a little less than 2 hours. Take your time and it's easy.

I would not be above reporting this crook to Weber too. I don't think they need their good name ruined by an idiot crook

Back