Genesis E320- Crossover tube not sending gas to middle tube quickly

I get the same results as DanHoo with my 320 running NG. Like yours, middle burner is slow to light, always has been. I always light front, rear, then center with no issues.
Yeah but the crossover tube isn't lit up to the middle burner there is no flame to ignite the rear burner. It would just collect gas and ignite unsafely

I wonder what would happen if you tried to move the crossover tube as far forward as you can, then as far back toward you as you can, then try to find the "middle" there has got to be some wiggle room in there, maybe try to find the sweet spot to position that crossover tube? Because it sounds like the gas flow is impeded somehow, and that's all I can think of to try.

I wonder what would happen if you tried to move the crossover tube as far forward as you can, then as far back toward you as you can, then try to find the "middle" there has got to be some wiggle room in there, maybe try to find the sweet spot to position that crossover tube? Because it sounds like the gas flow is impeded somehow, and that's all I can think of to try.

I tried that as well. No real difference. I suspect bpratt is correct. The crossover tube fits ok but doesn't resist much to movent in the OEM Weber burners but flame comes out around the crossover tube where it connects with the first burner. When I just installed the new cheap tubes again, the fit if worse than with OEM burners and the flame escaping is even more pronounced.

That's what I get for needing it quick and buying cheap tubes for just the crossover. Ugh

Yeah I tried that too when i swapped to the cheapo tubes... I tried lighting the rear tube with just the front lit but since the crossover was barely lit to the middle, it didn't work I would have had a huge flare up when it did light.

Rich, are these the ones you bought? I can't believe how inexpensive they are but they have almost all good reviews. I think the only bad review pretty much echoes what you are saying. Screenshot_20220701-212012_Amazon Shopping.jpgScreenshot_20220701-212049_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Rich, are these the ones you bought? I can't believe how inexpensive they are but they have almost all good reviews. I think the only bad review pretty much echoes what you are saying. View attachment 54176View attachment 54177
Those are the ones. I bought them figuring the cross over tube is all I needed and for $10 what did it matter if I tossed the tubes. What a mistake... That cost me the sale stuff weekend.

Yeah the photos shown did not look normal. There should not be big gaps in the flame like that. Fine to not reach the next burner right away but not good with those gaps

Those are the ones. I bought them figuring the cross over tube is all I needed and for $10 what did it matter if I tossed the tubes. What a mistake... That cost me the sale stuff weekend.
Hi Rich,

If your stuck and need to do something now, I have a set of weber tubes in good shape and a brand new weber crossburner tube.

Pickup only in Worcester

73181D3E-AE5E-4844-AB74-C4373CC733DB.jpeg7C31D6E2-BD9F-43B6-B3CE-460888E31D05.jpeg73372D3D-3511-41CB-861F-C8E07CAB7EC4.jpeg

Not a comment directed at you or anyone else, but I find it interesting that Amazon purchases are so well accepted on this particular forum. I shop there, too. Other forums might get you comments like support your local dealer or our sponsors. Weber dealers don't seem to get a massive amount of respect from Weber or the customers.

Not a comment directed at you or anyone else, but I find it interesting that Amazon purchases are so well accepted on this particular forum. I shop there, too. Other forums might get you comments like support your local dealer or our sponsors. Weber dealers don't seem to get a massive amount of respect from Weber or the customers.
Hi Scott, I agree. Better to look to Weber first for solutions in my opinion

Don’t know about the US but none of the dealers within 100 kilometres of me stock any parts except grates and flavorizer bars. They do have some accessories. Weber Canada had a flat rate of $40 for shipping so that was a non starter. Not sure if that has changed. Imagine $40 shipping on a $15 igniter for a Genesis. Amazon is the only affordable option if Weber and their dealers don’t want to cater to their customers and at a reasonable price. I try to buy local when I can and am willing to pay a reasonable amount more to support local venders but when they don’t offer it or have ridiculous shipping, Amazon it is.

Okay, end of my Rant! As Tim would say, I’ll go sit in the corner now.

I'd certainly prefer to use Weber parts, but trying to rebuild a grill with Weber parts and trying to make a few bucks flipping them is tough to do.

I never would have thought a cheap crossover tube would have been this much of an issue with the OEM (or matched) burners.

Thanks for the offer bpratt but I'm all set I just ordered what I needed.

Don’t know about the US but none of the dealers within 100 kilometres of me stock any parts except grates and flavorizer bars. They do have some accessories. Weber Canada had a flat rate of $40 for shipping so that was a non starter. Not sure if that has changed. Imagine $40 shipping on a $15 igniter for a Genesis. Amazon is the only affordable option if Weber and their dealers don’t want to cater to their customers and at a reasonable price. I try to buy local when I can and am willing to pay a reasonable amount more to support local venders but when they don’t offer it or have ridiculous shipping, Amazon it is.

Okay, end of my Rant! As Tim would say, I’ll go sit in the corner now.
I always thought of Amazon as a Weber dealer.

Last edited:
Yah, I am pretty sure that is Weber itself selling on/through Amazon. Many companies sell their products through Amazon. I don't think you will get a significant markdown in prices by buying weber products through Amazon, but they make it easy and free shipping helps.

The concept is pretty much the same as Weber selling their products through regular brick and mortar stores.

Every store that stocks Weber products will price match Amazon. Your more likely to get a close out deal locally than Amazon

Even if they do sell locally, I rarely find parts for the earlier E3xx series grills besides grates. I got burners on clearance for the silver style grills from lowes last year. But again, the cost, for flips I don't think people appreciate the difference and I am concerned they would be tough to sell at any decent margin with all genuine weber parts.

but then again, there is a guy local who barely cleans the grills and lists them $350-450 rotten floors and dirty grates and spray painted flavor bars/cookboxes and they sell.

I have 2 different Silver grills to assemble and i'm probably done. I've passed up on a bunch of cheap E3xx series units that appeared to be in solid shape. I just don't have the time.

I also never finished the old Platinum 13 bar unit that kicked off this obsession, I just don't have the heart to toss it and the frame is patchwork so I wouldn't feel right selling to someone.

for reference, here's the grill all done up.

Attachments

• PXL_20220701_123053400.jpg
    PXL_20220701_123053400.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20220629_233016702.jpg
    PXL_20220629_233016702.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20220629_235537765.jpg
    PXL_20220629_235537765.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20220630_000045462.jpg
    PXL_20220630_000045462.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20220701_122957677.jpg
    PXL_20220701_122957677.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20220701_123003998.jpg
    PXL_20220701_123003998.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 8
Dan, next time you light your 1000 see if you can light the back burner without lighting the middle burner first. I'm just curious
Cooking hot dogs for lunch on it today.

Yes, back burner lights easily when front is on high.

And when front is on high the flame on the crossover goes 70 percent of the way to the back. It's hard to see in daylight.

20220704_115946.jpg
20220704_120020.jpg

Back