Genesis E310 or E330

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Finally going to put my circa 1993 Genesis out to pasture (actually I'm going to hide it in my garage from the wife until I have to time to rebuild her again) and get a new Genesis. I'm torn between the E310 and the E330. It's only $100 difference, however, $100 is $100.

With my current gasser I can only think of one time where I wish I had a side burner so I don't think I'd use that much. The sear burner does sound cool, however, I typically do my steaks/tris on my other grills so I don't know that I'd ever use it.

Anyone who has purchased one or the other want to share their thoughts here? Right now I'm leaning 310.

Frankly I would go for the side burner. I used to think like you but now that I have one (2 actually since both my old Genesis and my Summit have one) I really like having them. Just used one last night on my dad's old Genesis 3000 while making dinner for him and my uncle. Frankly I find them indispensable (but again to each their own). Especially since I have used both the old style Genesis (my old Genesis III and my dad has a 3000) my sister and brother in law have a new E310. Frankly I find everything about the new one a disappointment compared to the old ones. But hey it is just my feeling. I especially don't like the grates on my sister's. Stuff falls through. If I was going to buy another new one today I think I would be looking VERY seriously at something from OMC (Onward) (Broil King what have you). Much better pricing structure than Weber, very comparable to maybe better build quality and more versatility. Also made in North America (Either Indiana or Canada)

Hey Larry, now is a good time to buy a new Genesis. Weber is offering $100 off the original price which zeros out the extra $100 for the side burner. We can justify anything if we try hard enough. The sear station is an extra that you'll fall in love with. I love my S330 for grilling fast weekday meals. Good luck with your decision Larry.

Bill

I agree on the side burner, I have an E320 with a side burner that I've had for over two years. When I got the grill (it was used) I tried the side burner to see if it worked, it did and I've never opened it up again.
I picked up a genesis 3000 with a side burner, took the burner off and put a shelf where it was making it a 2000.
I put the side burner on my WSM/Jumbo Joe cart just to light the chimneys for the two, it's the only use I can see for a side burner.
I've heard conflicting comments on the sear station but have no experience with one myself.

Thanks guys, yes, the $100 off is a sweet promotion. They'll also deliver and setup at no charge!

Decisions decisions . . .

Larry do your own setup. You'll become one with your new grill and appreciate the beauty of it's stature. Obe Wan taught me all that. LOL have a great time with your new and beautiful grill.

Bill

"Obe Wan taught me all that." ROTFLMAO :) I too recommend assembly yourself but not for esoteric reasons like this but because I just don't trust others with my stuff. Whatever you buy do it yourself (unless you're dangerous with tools) and also if something turns up missing/broken what have you then you have the opportunity to get hold of the company and get it made right rather than wonder if someone "gerry rigged" it. Also another recommendation is you can look for weak spots like where water might collect and maybe apply extra sealer or use SS hardware right away. You also learn more about set up and adjustments. Again if you don't access to decent hand tools or have no faith in your own ability to use them that's different

Larry do your own setup. You'll become one with your new grill and appreciate the beauty of it's stature. Obe Wan taught me all that. LOL have a great time with your new and beautiful grill.

Bill

"Obe Wan taught me all that." ROTFLMAO :) I too recommend assembly yourself but not for esoteric reasons like this but because I just don't trust others with my stuff. Whatever you buy do it yourself (unless you're dangerous with tools) and also if something turns up missing/broken what have you then you have the opportunity to get hold of the company and get it made right rather than wonder if someone "gerry rigged" it. Also another recommendation is you can look for weak spots like where water might collect and maybe apply extra sealer or use SS hardware right away. You also learn more about set up and adjustments. Again if you don't access to decent hand tools or have no faith in your own ability to use them that's different

Unfortunately I'm assembly/tool challenged. Example, I screwed-up installing a flag holder on the front of my house . . . I'm more of a risk assembling than the guys they would have doing it.

Last edited:
I have the E310 , I never used the burner and do enjoy the shelf space rather than spilling / getting food inside the burner compartment. To me it's one more part to clean lol so I decided against it.

Pulling trigger on 330. Thought of a few things I'd like to do (blackened in cast iron pan, catfish, chicken etc.) that I'd never do in the house. Also sear station sounds cool

Thanks for the input guys!

Obe Wan says " A Good Choice You Have Made Now Cook Picture Is A Must ". Congrats Larry.

Thanks, going to feel weird cooking on her, kind of like I'm cheating on my Red Head. Good news is wife changed her position on my keeping my Red Head so I don't have to hide her in the garage. Will take her apart and slowly rehab her when I have free time. Tried to give her to my adult son but he had no interest, maybe after she's rehabbed otherwise guess I'll just have to keep her for myself ;)

Anyone recommend one cover over another on Amazon.com?

I like the veranda covers on Amazon sometimes they can be had for a song.

I'm currently torn as to if I should get the 310 or 330 or just wait for the new ones to come out. My wife just surprised me with a new copper performer deluxe and I casually mentioned wouldn't it be nice if my gasser matched? Much to my surprise she said go order it up!!!

$100 difference. I've never used the side burner on my Genesis or my summit and I have the lp on my performer for starting charcoal.

But the seat station piques my I interest. But it'll be used mostly for quick steaks and burgers and my old ones get plenty hot.

Also I'm getting mine from Ace so it has all stainless innards meaning flavor bars and grates as opposed to what HD and lowes sells the porcelain bars and cast grates

Well she arrived, I'll post a picture later as I have to get ready for guests for dinner tonight. Any tips on seasoning/breaking prior to my first cook. I think I read turn her on high for 15 minutes and she's good to go. I'll be doing some skinless chicken thighs, mixed veggies and warming a loaf of bread on her tonight (grilling/smoking a tri on my ceramic as well). Hope I don't screw-up my first cook on her, that would be embarrassing in front of my guests :eek:

Never got around to posting a picture. Well she doesn't look like this now, I bought a cover but didn't use it. Any suggestions on a good cleaner? Just dusty and greasy in a couple of areas. Also want to put her in an outdoor kitchen/grill so if anyone has any suggestions on using her there I have a thread in the gas grill section on that. Thanks!

Love the color!
weber_zps374wmuwf.jpg

Back