Genesis E-310 - Grease Catch Fills With Rain and Spills Over - Any Solutions

Jeff V

This is something that has nagged me since I bought the grill in 2009.

Any solutions to prevent the catch from filling with rain water?

No, I don't cover it. I contacted Weber regarding a cover when I first bought it in 2009. They had a cover but suggested that I didn't cover it. They said it traps moisture. They said they only carried covers because they ad so many requests from customers.

Same thing happens when I don't cover either of my Weber's.

You could always remove the grease catch pan after it has cooled and place it under the lid to remain dry till the next grilling.

I cover both of mine and never had any issue with moisture buildup.

Jeff

I cover mine also and never have had a problem. Also the Weber covers are not very good, I bought an aftermarket cover off of Amazon and it has a vent on the back side for ventilation, works very well.

Last edited:
I think covering it or removing the catch would end up being a pain for me because i use my grill almost every night year round.

I think covering it or removing the catch would end up being a pain for me because i use my grill almost every night year round.

That could be. You'd need to let it cool down an hour or so after the cook before covering it.

About the only other thing you can do would be to somehow shelter the grill from rain. If the rain hits the grill, it's going to get into the catch pan. That's just how it is.

Back