Genesis B/C SS 9mm Rod grates

3/8" = 9.525 mm, so the 9930's are approximately 6% thicker than the QuliMetal 9mm grates.

I bought a set of those 9mm QuliMetal grates for my Platinum C, they are decent enough and will suffice.

However, they are not as well machined or as nicely finished as the 9930's, and I'd prefer not to have the middle cross bar.

3/8" = 9.525 mm, so the 9930's are approximately 6% thicker than the QuliMetal 9mm grates.

I bought a set of those 9mm QuliMetal grates for my Platinum C, they are decent enough and will suffice.

However, they are not as well machined or as nicely finished as the 9930's, and I'd prefer not to have the middle cross bar.
I do prefer the 9930s also and that center support crossbar is definitely not needed and is only there to make cleaning more difficult. I think I probably feel about the same way you do. I do think the QuliMetal is a good alternative. Everything that I've got from them does seem to be finished nicely though. Their Other parts for other grills also.20240808_191431~2.jpg

Last edited:
Josh, do the Weber #9930 grates have the middle cross bar on them or do they just have one at each end like Daves?
That is one thing that Daves have over the Qulimetal grates.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that middle crossbar myself. It's just more places for grease and crud to collect and totally unnecessary on grates that thick.

I talked to Dave a couple weeks ago and he said that he was trying to figure out another way to start making grates again. He put me on a his list for grates if/when he starts making them again. Weber part#9930 are the closest thing you can get to his grates and they are now getting very rare and very hard to find and very expensive averaging around $350 a set now as far as I can tell with very few remaining. I talked to Dave about this because his prices will have to be higher than they were before with his SS raw stock being more expensive. He told me what he would have to charge and I'd be happy to pay it and its much cheaper than you can get #9930 for now that there isn't many left out there and the prices have gone crazy. QuliMetal 9mm would be cheeper and his only competition that I can see. As far as high-end 304 SS grates. I Do like QuliMetal Grates. I have purchased several along with several other 304 SS parts from QuliMetal. I'm happy to recommend their products all the time. I would still pay more for Dave's grates and I think quite a few others would also. For my own personal grills that I will be keeping.

I'm not sure if anything has change with Dave. I haven't talked to him in at least a couple weeks.
Ya, I spoke to him a few weeks ago as well and he said the same thing: Taking names for a list but had not found a supplier for cut rods.

Last edited:
I bought mine six years ago. Still use it every time I grill. A lot of these $20 grilling accessories wind up in a drawer, on a shelf in the garage or in the trash can. Not this one.

IMO the best grill cleaner I know of for 9mm SS grates. It is quick, easy, and does a wonderful job. So simple, yet so effective. No bristles to worry about. Nothing to melt. Just works.

I've been meaning to make something like that for my CI grates ---- I've got an old broken spatula that I've been meaning to take the grinder to to make a V notch..... its been 2.5 years since I've been 'meaning' to do it..... I think whats stopping me is getting the right angle in the V --- I'm just gonna have to give it go soon.

It should be easy to make one for a rod grate yourself..... $20 seems steep for what it is.

Back