Genesis 3xx Grease pan

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Does any one know if the grease pan (large one that slides under the cook box) on a front control 2011-2016 Genesis is compatible with any other grills. I am looking for one (grease pan) and am having trouble finding any suitable donor grills. I was hoping that maybe Weber used them on other models as well.
Thanks,
Bruce

Does any one know if the grease pan (large one that slides under the cook box) on a front control 2011-2016 Genesis is compatible with any other grills. I am looking for one (grease pan) and am having trouble finding any suitable donor grills. I was hoping that maybe Weber used them on other models as well.
Thanks,
Bruce
Hi Bruce, the pan is 19.75x14.25 from my measurements. It mounts on firebox rails. The other big genesis’ pan 2007-2010 is bigger and mounts on the frame

It’s about the same size as an old 1000 series grill pan…

I have one in Massachusetts

Thanks, Bill

Bill, I appreciate that, but postage on those would probably be stupid expensive. I do need the 19.75" x 14.25" pan. I was just hoping that maybe they used that same pan on some spirits or something like that which might be easier to find as donor grills.

I couldn't remember on the older sidewinders how that pan would mount since it is so much bigger. I was thinking maybe frame mounts were the answer but haven't messed with one in a couple years so I forgot.

Bruce, I have not found any other grills where this bottom pan is used, only the 2011 to 2016 genesis 3xx series.

Thanks Dan. I will just hope to find a curb alert for an E3xx front control soon. Should be some with heavy cabinet rust that people want to dump before winter.

I just purchased PN 62757 and received it this morning. It is a DIRECT fit for my 5000 that I purchased 2 years ago from Joe. Only change is that the grease will now collect on the left edge instead of the center.

Just over $80 shipped to SC.

Gary

Directly from Weber. Called them Thursday after I noticed a small rust spot on mine. Saw the post here that someone mentioned and ordered immediately so as not to get "backordered." I just need to figure out how to move the grease catch pan as it mounts differently (I'm sure you're already aware). But that is an easy remedy.

Gary, I would think you can simply hang the drip pan in the drain hole on the grease pan just like on the regular grease pan. Might even make using the cabinet area more convenient since it will keep the drip pan off to one side.

I was thinking the same. On the 5000, the drip pan is actually mounted to the tray and suspends downward. The 3xx tray doesn't have that attachment, but nothing a wire clothes-hanger couldn't fix. Or I can find the drip pan cheap virtually anywhere if I need to pretty it up - mine is a keeper, not for a flip.

here is what an NG drip pan for an E330 looks like on a 1000.

I think on a 2000/3000/5000 etc with the wider cart having it off the the side would work well.

edit: note that the LP version of the drip pan has a SS heat shield riveted to the bottom of the porcelain covered pan. I think the NG version has a slightly cleaner look .

1692029620786.png

Last edited:
here is what an NG drip pan for an E330 looks like on a 1000.

I think on a 2000/3000/5000 etc with the wider cart having it off the the side would work well.

edit: note that the LP version of the drip pan has a SS heat shield riveted to the bottom of the porcelain covered pan. I think the NG version has a slightly cleaner look .

View attachment 77051

This EXACTLY the post that I referenced earlier. Thank you for this as the timing was impeccable.

Back