Genesis 320 replacement parts recommendations requested

Rick Houston

TVWBB Member
Hi,

I have a 2008 Genesis ep-320 I've owned since new that is in need of a some parts to keep her running strong.

Is there a consensus on the best place to source parts? I need a new main burner assembly, firebox drip pan, and thermometer.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick:
You can get burners for your grill from several sources ereplacementparts.com, Amazon, eBay. Don't remove the three screws on the left side of the firebox that hold the end of the burner tubes and crossover tube! Not sure what you mean by firebox drip pan. If you are talking the aluminum one that sits in the holder inside the cabinet, they are sold in combos with aluminum disposable trays on Amazon. The steel drip pan that is the width of the whole grill will be expensive. The thermometer you can get from ereplacementparts.com, eBay. Of course if you registered your grill you also can get them direct from Weber.

Last edited:
Dan,
Thanks for the reply. A few follow up question. Why do you not recommend removing the screws for the crossover tube? Won't that be necessary to put the new one on or are you just saying to slide the new assembly around them? I do know one is fused to the firebox.

I was talking about the large steel drip pan. I can still use mine, but after 12 years, it is pretty corroded.

I'll check out replacement parts.

Rick

OK. The steel drip pan. I clean mine the best I can scraping, oven cleaner, etc. I then use wide aluminum foil and line the pan poking the hole for the drip tray opening. I use 4 larger size paper clips (2 front & 2 rear) to hold the foil in place. I change it out a couple of times a year as warranted by what makes it down that far. I've read too many posts by more knowledgeable members about horror shows trying to drill steel screws out of aluminum. Dissimilar metal kind of cement them in place. You should be able to wiggle the burner tubes out from under them anyways.

Big thing is to keep an eye on rust in the cabinet, especially the bottom corners where the casters go into the tubes and bottom panel. Others have shown some gruesome photos of rust. One member even rebuilt the cabinet with wood.

Back