Genesis 310 NG to LP

Andy_STL

I passed on the older Summit grill I was looking at and found a Genesis 310 NG. I use LP, and through my limited research it seems the common opinion is that this conversion is not a great idea unless done by a professional. Is that the consensus? Trying to decide if this grill is worth the effort.

Unless you can find an entire manifold for it don't bother. Going from LP to NG is FAR easier than going the other way which is damn near impossible

Install is a snap. If it takes you more than 30 minutes you're stopping for too many cocktails

It's a shame that Weber no longer offers conversion kits. All new gas kitchen ranges that I know of come with a conversion kit to switch to propane if needed. But Weber is too afraid of being sued to even sell us a conversion kit. Well, that's what they say. Maybe they figure they can sell more grills if they don't offer conversion kits.

You can convert from propane to NG by switching to a propane regulator and soldering shut and re-drilling your orifices to the correct diameter. It's not rocket science.

You would probably also want the bottle scale to hang your tank on, but they are not too expensive.

Well, I am picking this grill up tonight. I will order the new manifold when I figure out exactly which year this grill was made. Does anyone know how the burner tubes connect to the manifold? Do they screw on or just slip on? If they screw on I assume that I should use some Teflon tape on the threads. Is this correct?

Thanks for all of the replies! I brought this bad boy home tonight! $175 on craigslist. Looks like I need part #67708. What I can't tell is whether this part includes the regulator and hose. All of the pics show it included, but the schematic lists it separately.

Back