Genesis 3 project pictures

Tim Brisson

TVWBB Member
Here are some pictures of a find from yesterday. Had a donor grill for the damaged hood parts. I hope you like what you see! Unfortunatly they poisted from the last to first.

Tim

Attachments

• weber 3-6.jpg
    weber 3-6.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 40
  • weber 3-5.jpg
    weber 3-5.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Weber 3-4.jpg
    Weber 3-4.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 39
  • weber gen 3-3.jpg
    weber gen 3-3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 41
  • weber gen 3 -2.jpg
    weber gen 3 -2.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Weber Genesis 3.jpg
    Weber Genesis 3.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 40
I saw that one and wished I could get it. I am glad someone here did. The brown hood is an original Weber color and not commonly seen. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Keep us posted with follow up pictures!

Yah, I have one of those colored lids. I have not seen very many others. I am looking forward to seeing you post some more photos as you get that thing back into good working order. It should be a really sharp looking grill.

A few more pictures. A friend of mine saw the pictures on Facebook and called me. He explained that his wife and he were going shopping for a grill and asked if I would sell this to him. He wants to replace the wood himself. It's going to a great home and will be used for what it was designed to do.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Timmy B

Attachments

• Weber 3-12.jpg
    Weber 3-12.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 21
  • Weber 3-11.jpg
    Weber 3-11.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Weber 3-10.jpg
    Weber 3-10.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Weber 3-9.jpg
    Weber 3-9.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 21
  • Weber 3-8.jpg
    Weber 3-8.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 20
  • weber 3-14.jpg
    weber 3-14.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Weber 3-14.jpg
    Weber 3-14.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 21
The hinge repair was before I got it. I replaced that side piece with a piece from a donor grill. The hinge looks original now.
Oh I figured as much LOL. I didn't think anyone would actually do a Rube Goldberg thing like that and then post it here LOL. Nice you had a different end cap and your friend wanting it is great. Honestly I would not replace that wood. It looks good. Just sand and restain

Oh I figured as much LOL. I didn't think anyone would actually do a Rube Goldberg thing like that and then post it here LOL. Nice you had a different end cap and your friend wanting it is great. Honestly I would not replace that wood. It looks good. Just sand and restain
I like the idea of sanding and re staining. To tell the truth I hope he decides against buying it as I'm growing kind of attached to it.

Back