Genesis 1000 S/N artwork?

Mark-Anaheim

TVWBB Member
Does anyone have the artwork to print the serial number decal for the Genesis 1000/2000?
I messaged Joel Young, and he said it would take some digging since that was 7 years ago and the URLs have changed to download.
I did see some posts where someone was printing the tank decals and had an S/N on the same sheet.

I am a graphics designer so can use any format, and if I need to perfect I can but I have no point of reference. Since I am not a grill rehab guy except my own, I have never seen what these should look like.

So, if anyone still has the files to print these S/N stickers I need your help.
What is the height and width of these stickers?

I have a client who does vehicle wraps, so UV inks on 3M vinyl and a clear UV laminate over that.

Mark, I remember seeing a post about that a long time ago here. I can't remember the details however, and as detailed oriented as I am I had no desire to recreate that label myself. I just scraped what was left of it off on my own grill and moved on. It was very year dependent as to whether that sticker was visible on the outside of the control panel or not.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure that you will have interesting things to comment on since it seems like you have done some restoration. Let's see some pics of your grill.

Does anyone have the artwork to print the serial number decal for the Genesis 1000/2000?
I messaged Joel Young, and he said it would take some digging since that was 7 years ago and the URLs have changed to download.
I did see some posts where someone was printing the tank decals and had an S/N on the same sheet.

I am a graphics designer so can use any format, and if I need to perfect I can but I have no point of reference. Since I am not a grill rehab guy except my own, I have never seen what these should look like.

So, if anyone still has the files to print these S/N stickers I need your help.
What is the height and width of these stickers?

I have a client who does vehicle wraps, so UV inks on 3M vinyl and a clear UV laminate over that.
Mark,
I downloaded the jpg image from Joel's initial thread way back when. Let me know if this is helpful.
03.jpg

Thanks, I did find that jpg but was hoping he had a PDF or other vector file I could use.

Can someone give the dimensions for that sticker, appears 1.25 x 6.5"

I have access to sign shops, where I will have one printed for myself. S/N stickers would take adding the numbers and printing 1x1, so not a good product except for the collectors as they would be expensive. Mine in NG, so I don't need the tank scale or warning labels, but they could be made in quantity since they can print up to 36" wide and laminate.

So, if one of you hard core builders wanted some high-quality tank stickers, I could have some printed when I get my S/N sticker done?

Thanks, I did find that jpg but was hoping he had a PDF or other vector file I could use.

Can someone give the dimensions for that sticker, appears 1.25 x 6.5"

I have access to sign shops, where I will have one printed for myself. S/N stickers would take adding the numbers and printing 1x1, so not a good product except for the collectors as they would be expensive. Mine in NG, so I don't need the tank scale or warning labels, but they could be made in quantity since they can print up to 36" wide and laminate.

So, if one of you hard core builders wanted some high-quality tank stickers, I could have some printed when I get my S/N sticker done?
Mark,
Just so you know, I already make a variety of stickers and have provided many for members here. They are printed at a print shop on a vinyl-type paper that peels and sticks on. Here are the ones that I make. I only charge $2.00 for the first one and $1.00 for each additional one, mailed in a regular first-class envelope. It's obviously not a money-maker, just something to help fellow hobbyists. The files for the Genesis tank scale and the Warning sticker were from the ones Joel generously shared. I made the rest myself, using his as a basis for the "fat" Summit/Platinum one:

Examples of Decals.jpg

Mark,
Just so you know, I already make a variety of stickers and have provided many for members here. They are printed at a print shop on a vinyl-type paper that peels and sticks on. Here are the ones that I make. I only charge $2.00 for the first one and $1.00 for each additional one, mailed in a regular first-class envelope. It's obviously not a money-maker, just something to help fellow hobbyists. The files for the Genesis tank scale and the Warning sticker were from the ones Joel generously shared. I made the rest myself, using his as a basis for the "fat" Summit/Platinum one:

View attachment 92699
Jon, I sent you a message about getting some more of your stickers.

Can someone measure the width of one of the original stickers?
Also, confirm the 1 1/4" height I got from a piece of my old sticker.

I would love a picture of the original sticker if someone had one intact on a grill, as I want to compare the fonts with the jpg from Joel's posted here.

Doing these kinds of graphics is like therapy for me, compared to doing corporate graphics for clients' websites all day. Feeds my perfectionist tendencies and why I have so many house remodeling projects 90% done.SN Decal.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone measure the width of one of the original stickers?
Also, confirm the 1 1/4" height I got from a piece of my old sticker.

I would love a picture of the original sticker if someone had one intact on a grill, as I want to compare the fonts with the jpg from Joel's posted here.

Doing these kinds of graphics is like therapy for me, compared to doing corporate graphics for clients' websites all day. Feeds my perfectionist tendencies and why I have so many house remodeling projects 90% done.View attachment 92772
Mine is on the side table and measures 6 7/8” wide, 1 1/8” tall

IMG_4625.jpeg

Not to derail this thread, but if you are a member of Garage Journal (www.garagejournal.com) there is a member Mattblast that reproduces stickers, data tags, etc for various tools, etc. He prints is own stuff if I recall. His work he posts is quite impressive.

Obviously, quality artwork is needed to start with but he has done some amazing editing from even poor originals.

Not to derail this thread, but if you are a member of Garage Journal (www.garagejournal.com) there is a member Mattblast that reproduces stickers, data tags, etc for various tools, etc. He prints is own stuff if I recall. His work he posts is quite impressive.

Obviously, quality artwork is needed to start with but he has done some amazing editing from even poor originals.
Thanks, that guy is amazing. I appreciate talent as I understand all the steps to make those embossed metal nameplates and stickers.

I will make new vector artwork for S/N sticker.

Hoping someone can take a picture of a label or link to Weber manual with sticker to double check Joel’s jpg.

Back