Genesis 1000 restoration

Jay T

TVWBB Member
Hello I am new to this community and am looking for some advice. I found a red 1999 Weber Genesis 1000 with all the original wood intact for $2o and decided to do a restoration. After hours of cleaning and battling a spider infestation I have found I need a new regulator hose and manifold.
Can anyone point in the direction of the part and part numbers I will need.

New manifold about $100 most places, unless you can clean/lube the current manifold valves you have.
Video link to it

Last edited:
Jay, why do you feel you need a new manifold?
There seems to be no change in gas flow when I turn the gas knobs. In addition the propane hose and regulator are leaking heavily. Given it has an olderhose with 1/8” fitting I was thinking I could the manifold out completely for about $150.

Maybe you can find another 1000 with a working manifold cheaper if you don't mind waiting a bit. Then you'd have some extra parts too.

I would offer to sell you a manifold, but I sent a padded mailer (DW’s homemade masks) to my sister-in-law in BC over 2 months ago and it hasn’t arrived. I mailed a letter to her at the same time. That arrived 2 weeks ago.

There seems to be no change in gas flow when I turn the gas knobs. In addition the propane hose and regulator are leaking heavily. Given it has an olderhose with 1/8” fitting I was thinking I could the manifold out completely for about $150.
This is my first restoration so I am open to your suggestions
I would offer to sell you a manifold, but I sent a padded mailer (DW’s homemade masks) to my sister-in-law in BC over 2 months ago and it hasn’t arrived. I mailed a letter to her at the same time. That arrived 2 weeks ago.
canada post at it’s finest!

Crazy. Yah, your best bet is to find another Genesis 1000-5000 to steal the manifold off of. It may take a little while but they are pretty common grills and it certainly won't cost you $150. But, before you do that, it might be best to replace the hose and regulator. Not only is that a huge safety hazard, but it could be the source of the problems with not being able to change the gas flow. Your regulator maybe sensing the gas leak and restricting flow. In the US, that is a less than $20 fix and possibly less than $10 depending on what type of connection you have at the manifold.

Did you clean the orifices on the valves? I had one that was plugged.
Did you clean the orifices on the valves? I had one that was plugged.
I had cleaned those out and it did not help.
Crazy. Yah, your best bet is to find another Genesis 1000-5000 to steal the manifold off of. It may take a little while but they are pretty common grills and it certainly won't cost you $150. But, before you do that, it might be best to replace the hose and regulator. Not only is that a huge safety hazard, but it could be the source of the problems with not being able to change the gas flow. Your regulator maybe sensing the gas leak and restricting flow. In the US, that is a less than $20 fix and possibly less than $10 depending on what type of connection you have at the manifold.
i will give that a try. I have already found the parts on Amazon. I am not surprised there were some issues with the grill being priced at $20.

I have found found several "FREE" Webers that just needed a little TLC and some new internal parts and would be perfectly functioning premium grills. The problem with yours is not that common. Buying parts like manifolds on line is usually cost prohibitive. Other than grates, burners and flavorizer bars, anything else is usually best acquired used off another grill.

I wish I had taken some before photos.
When I found this grill it had so much dirt on it she was black with grim, had 21 years of debris in it and a spider infestation. A lot of cleaning. A manifold cleaning (thanks for the video Bruce) and a new regulator and hoseCAD7D066-20CB-486F-A262-41CD7B0D3912.jpeg58169736-6FE0-4514-9CBB-B0030B626535.jpeg. I just need to refinish the wood and she’ll be ready for the dance!

Back