Genesis 1000 Red Head Project

Dave_C

TVWBB Fan
Picked this up today and I'm pretty excited! Seems to have been lightly used and not stored in the elements.
It came with what you see, the drip pan and tray are in excellent shape! Seems to be a slight bow in the cook box, not sure what really determines when you should attempt to straighten it ( risk vs reward ). Also seems to be some type of end cap missing on the control knob end, maybe someone can educate me on what should be there.

So here are the before pics and I will update the thread as I go and will likely have questions as well!

Attachments

• IMG_3037 (1).jpg
    IMG_3037 (1).jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3038 (1).jpg
    IMG_3038 (1).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3035 (2).jpg
    IMG_3035 (2).jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3032 (1).jpg
    IMG_3032 (1).jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3040.jpg
    IMG_3040.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3033.jpg
    IMG_3033.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3036.jpg
    IMG_3036.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 54
Nope, no end caps missing. The frame ends should have plastic plugs in them. That is it. But your control panel should be secured to the frame and it doesn't look like it is.

That grill is in really good shape for a wood Genesis 1000. I am guessing 1994 or 1995 model.

Nope, no end caps missing. The frame ends should have plastic plugs in them. That is it. But your control panel should be secured to the frame and it doesn't look like it is.

That grill is in really good shape for a wood Genesis 1000. I am guessing 1994 or 1995 model.
Yes it is in good shape!! Correct the control panel is loose. It looks like the control panel should attach with some type of push in friction plug type fastener? Can you still get parts for these grills?

It is hard to find the square clips you need.
Some parts are available for these grills but not all of them. They are getting harder and harder to come by all the time. Many times, a donor grill is your best friend.

Last edited:
Yes it is in good shape!! Correct the control panel is loose. It looks like the control panel should attach with some type of push in friction plug type fastener? Can you still get parts for these grills?

Dave,
Nice find and a great model to bring back to new,

You can find this control panel screws and retainers here-

Jeff

I don't see casters on the left side. So it may be even older
Larry, several of the pictures shows casters on the left. Oh, and you cannot really read the serial number on the end of the control panel, but It really looks like the more modern LL ###### format, which I believe began in 1994

When people dont actually post the photos into their posts and you have to click on them to expand them, the bottom of the photos sometimes get cropped off a bit and in many of his photos, the casters were right near the bottom of the photos.

I don’t see a slide bar for the flip table. Might be missing or maybe the older style flip table. This might help date this grill.

Larry, several of the pictures shows casters on the left. Oh, and you cannot really read the serial number on the end of the control panel, but It really looks like the more modern LL ###### format, which I believe began in 1994
The serial number starts with ER which is a 1996

Bruce, where can I find the rubber cap plugs for the frame ends on a 1000?

Back