Genesis 1000 Control Panel Threads

John-NY

TVWBB Pro
Is it possible to source or replace or even substitute these from anywhere besides another grill?

Or just use two nuts and a bolt?

IMG_6712.jpegIMG_6713.jpeg

I am not sure, but I thought someone posted up a thread with a source for them that was reasonable. But, I would definitely try to find them rather than cobbling in a bolt and nut.

I’ll probably try the nuts and bolt lol

Separately, what is this rod for? The fuel gauge?
Is it supposed to be inside that vertical frame piece?IMG_6715.jpeg

That rod is supposed to show the LP level in the tank based on where it falls on the sticker on the leg. Very unreliable, especially on an older grill. Just manually check it and best to have a spare tank on hand for when you run out....and you will run out 5 minutes before the steaks are done. Also, there should be a rubber tip on that rod that is normally white. Yours is missing, but then who cares?

Oh, yah, the ones I poster were 3/8". I would think 1/2" would be too big... maybe not.

John, if you're doing any kind of restoration on that grill, the tank scale is pretty easy to make look new again. Here is one I did last summer that looked like yours to start.20220820_153945.jpg

I think that tank holder (the tall metal piece that the scale is attached to) is not attached correctly at the top and is leaning out so far that the pointer is on the wrong side.

I think that tank holder (the tall metal piece that the scale is attached to) is not attached correctly at the top and is leaning out so far that the pointer is on the wrong side.
Good eye Jon, I didn't notice that before. That's a tough one to pull off since it looks like it's bolted to the frame at the bottom like it's supposed to be. Someone had to have put it together wrong.

Yah, hard to tell from the photos, but the top two flanges on the mount should fit into two slots on the grill frame.

Yah, hard to tell from the photos, but the top two flanges on the mount should fit into two slots on the grill frame.
Of course, it could just be an optical illusion and mounted correctly. The tank scale might be the only thing put on wrong. Only John can tell us for sure.

Back