Genesis 1000-5000 nylon washer replacement?

Steve Hoch

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I probably spent an hour online looking for a replacement for Weber part # 87403 nylon washer, the one that goes under the frame bolts. Amazon has all kinds of black nylon washers, but I don't know what size they are. In the past I was able to reuse the ones I had but it's not going to work this time around. Somebody has to know what to order, I'm not paying $9.00 a piece for the Weber ones.Screenshot_20221102-022806_Chrome.jpg

The ones that Jon posted look to be a little beefier. I don't think that would be a bad thing.
If you order those, could you post a side by side picture of the two??

The ones that Jon posted look to be a little beefier. I don't think that would be a bad thing.
If you order those, could you post a side by side picture of the two??
Jon said he ordered them before and they were fine, but maybe he could post a picture of one with an original for comparison.

I will try to do that tomorrow.
Here are a couple pictures of the nylon washers I bought on Amazon compared to used original ones:

8B559212-BEB4-4394-9715-8800D7EEB1BC.jpeg
25C1699C-15C8-4799-9D27-306EF00EA57C.jpeg

The Amazon ones are slightly wider (a good thing I think) but not quite as thick (not so good, but I feel more than adequate for the intended use).

I would buy these again.

Last edited:
It looked to me that the amazon ones were thicker than the weber ones. Thanks for the photos Jon. I agree, they do look like suitable replacements.

I was at work today and noticed something that made me think of this thread.

Someone was using a small hole saw to cut some type of black (plastic?) material and some discards were left on the floor.

It made me think that it’s not difficult to make washers from any soft material.

A 3/4” or 7/8” hole saw would do nicely.

Just a thought. I have them from time to time…

I guess there are a lot of creative possibilities. For me, at a little over 9 cents each (with Prime free delivery), I am good with the Amazon deal. Truthfully, you can often re-use the original ones. A little washing and maybe flip over. Only grill nuts like us would ever possibly notice.

Some of them look brand new and are certainly reusable, others are so deformed that I have to cut them off to even get a wrench or socket on the bolt.

Back