Genesis 1/2/3K SS Fasteners List?

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Has anyone put together, and saved a complete fasteners list for SS fasteners from McMaster Carr or some other supplier? I'm sure I can cobble one together by reading through the installation instructions in the manual, but I don't like revinventing wheels (aka: I'm lazy.) :)

If nobody responds back with one, I'll post up my list when I get it done..... :)

R

There have been several threads on this forum regarding that. I don't know if any listed all of the fasteners, but I know there are some lists buried in the threads.

Just a thought, but if you want to replace fasteners for a Silver B/C with SS, you might want to look up the parts list for a Platinum C. The frame bolts and other screws were pretty much all SS on them. Maybe you can get them straight from Weber that way.

With thanks to @DanJC, et al

Thanks, Ed! My search fu failed me! :)

I ended up ordering a bunch from McMaster Carr since I have a few grills to do. Ends up being pretty reasonable per grill. Kicking myself, though, forgot to add the inserts for my lower frame supports.......have to cut out a few rusty ones.

Thanks, Ed! My search fu failed me! :)

I ended up ordering a bunch from McMaster Carr since I have a few grills to do. Ends up being pretty reasonable per grill. Kicking myself, though, forgot to add the inserts for my lower frame supports.......have to cut out a few rusty ones.
Yeah, I have dealt with McM extensively during my working career over the past 40 years. Their local sales phone number is etched in my brain. The only negative I have for them is the shipping charges are not apparent, and their goal is to get you your items ASAP, so they may break your order into many shipments. My last order, the shipping charges amounted to a substantial part of the order. They have everything under the sun under one roof and have outstanding customer support. My next order I may talk to sales about the shipping before I order.

EDIT 10/13/2021: I have just placed a new order with McMaster and shipping cost is now quoted during checkout. I now have zero complaints with McMaster.

Last edited:
Fact checking: my last order, dated 7/31/2020, was for items totaling $52.30. Shipping charges totaled an additional $27.80.

Ouch.

Looking at my order, I ordered 6 items and had 4 UPS tracking numbers/deliveries. Nothing exotic, large, or overweight. Of course, YMMV, but something to keep in mind when you order. I have nothing but good to say about McM otherwise.

EDIT 10/13/2021: I have just placed a new order with McMaster and shipping cost is now quoted during checkout. I now have zero complaints with McMaster.

Last edited:
Looking at my order, I ordered 6 items and had 4 UPS tracking numbers/deliveries. Nothing exotic, large, or overweight. Of course, YMMV, but something to keep in mind when you order. I have nothing but good to say about McM otherwise.

View attachment 34743
Interesting! I just got my shipping confirmation, with a single UPS tracking number.

Back