Gen 1 SSP Performer $50 Was about to get it but realized its not gas

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
I picked up a gas assist Performer a week or so ago and am quite happy with it. I saw this and I was going to get it to maybe keep or swap or flip? But I just realized it looks to be a non-gas assist. (I did not know they came in non-gas model) The drive is 1 1/2 hours each way and now not sure it is worth it. I am posting pics of both grills. I know the default answer is usually BUY IT,
Current one.
206556431_10225062825533883_909769507464053971_n.jpg

One advertised.
1626459046450.png

Buy it. :LOL:

The non-propane Performers don't have caster wheels, easy way to tell if it's truly non-propane or just missing the tank. I guess the extra 10 pounds for the propane stuff made all the difference between casters or no casters. Even just the charcoal bins and the lower shelves bring some money on eBay if it's a parts grill.

Or slap one of my Performer emblems on it and instantly double it's value. :ROFLMAO:

Buy it. :LOL:

The non-propane Performers don't have caster wheels, easy way to tell if it's truly non-propane or just missing the tank. I guess the extra 10 pounds for the propane stuff made all the difference between casters or no casters. Even just the charcoal bins and the lower shelves bring some money on eBay if it's a parts grill.

Or slap one of my Performer emblems on it and instantly double it's value. :ROFLMAO:
Until I did a little research I thought it was just missing the wheels. The red kettle is nice and would have gotten it just for that if I did not just get the copper one that is also nice. Gas assist is much nicer than newspapers or cubes. I think I will probably pass.

Joe,
Where is it? I have been looking for a red SS. Would prefer gas assist myself but if it isn’t to far I’ll take a road trip for a $50 SS Performer.

Joe, Not to hijack this thread but this just listed in your neck of the woods.

Attachments

• E5BA072C-DD12-41F6-9C05-7A23523EE065.png
    E5BA072C-DD12-41F6-9C05-7A23523EE065.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Wow! $25 for one of those is a great deal.

I like that red SSP even without the igniter. I use one of those propane torches with the long extension anyway. The small 5lb tanks that came with the SSP are expensive to replace and not having an igniter makes things easy - as long as you have one of my torches!

I love this model of grill. With the side shelves and the lid opening to the rear, all made sense. I have never seen one for sale close to me. I would love a burgundy one. Weber should still be making this model.
That’s what I have been waiting for. One in Brick Red to pop up close to me. And a red performer SS with minimal to no chips. At least in the lid.

Joe, Not to hijack this thread but this just listed in your neck of the woods.
Those "platypus" grills are growing on me, didn't care for them at first. Reminds me of a hospital cart.

I think it would look good with a black frame and some custom white wall wheel inserts.

216420017_10220562519598967_4682067378762125120_n.jpg

Missed this guy for free on Marketplace. Listed less than an hour. 20 minutes from my house. Guy had it listed for scrap, so I hope it didn't meet that fate.

Appreciate it but going to pass. 4 1/2 hour trip one way without traffic.
Thanks anyway!

Good luck with the Platypus!

Back