Gauging Flip Prices on Grills

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
All,

Looking to see how the pro flippers gauge prices? I have a Silver B with the desirable Blue Lid that I am currently working on, having the end caps and fire box sand blasted ($50.00), grill and all other pieces around $75.00, so around $125.00 all in. Also should I wait on putting it for sale until later on?

Thanks in Advance!
Bobby

Seems like prices might actually be rising but this virus may be changing things. My thought is that presentation is almost everything. Sandblasting puts you way up there, so my suggestions are paint it really nice and make it look top drawer👍! red kettle on the logo...print out a copy of the owner’s manual and put it in a big zip loc. Good write up emphasizing the classic Weber quality vs. big box modern junk. I would try it now on all the free ad sites and see what happens. You can always delist and try again later.

Depends what area you are in. They don't sell for much down in Atlanta area. I stick to the Q's, charcoal and newer models since they seem to fetch a better price.
If you are going to keep flipping then paying for sand blasting is really going to eat into any profit you hope to get. Sand blasting does make it look great

Price is going to depend on a lot of things. Location/local market is one of the bigger things. Just going by a description, I would say you are looking at about $300. Did you completely clean the inside of the lid? That is a lot of work, but if the inside of the lid is still full of carbon, then that detracts from an otherwise pristine grill.
I suggest you post up some detailed photos when you get it done and then let every one weigh in. Then pick a price and add $20 to that and see what happens. You can always drop the price later.

Dave makes it happen, that’s for sure. With his amazing output, he probably doesn’t need to hold out for the absolute top dollar every time. Better to keep things moving and on to the next sale!

All,

Thanks for the information, this is my first foray into an actual flip for profit grill. All the others I have done have been for friends or family. I will let you know how it turns out with pictures.

Bobby

Look at similar ads and see what they are asking for. In my area these old style Webers don't sell that well anymore. Most people here want stainless and closed cabinets. Here I would not get much more than $200 for a Silver B.
You just need to test the waters. I would start high. You can always lower the price. And be patient. It may take days or even weeks. If you have photos of your previous grills you can use this as a reference. This indicates you have experience and do a good job.
I have made a collage of several restored grills into one photo like below and added this to the end of photos of the grill I am selling.

Attachments

• IMG_E2589.JPG
    IMG_E2589.JPG
    772.7 KB · Views: 18

Back