Gassing Babybacks

Are you looking to smoke them or try something else?

I made some last night over at a friends on a gasser and they came out great. It just depends on what you want.

Cook till nicely colored. Even direct low or med heat will work depending on how long you want to cook.

Foil with a small amount of liquid ,1-2 tbsp is plenty, until they are the tenderness you want.

Unfoil and firm up. You can glaze them now if you want.

I have done ribs this way direct on a kettle in zero degree winter weather. I have done them on gassers too. They will turn out fine. KKruger details variations of this method with high heat rib cooks. He doesn't always foil. If you want fast, easy, and tender..... Do this 3 step cook with foil.

I used to do ribs on a gasser using a smoker box. Cast iron thing you can put wood chips in. It was pretty good. Set up indirect and follow what Kevin Kruger says as Ernie suggests. Something about the gas though. Sooooo much better on the WSM or Weber kettle.

I'll second what all three guys said! I've done some passable ribs on my old ECB. But nothing does 'em like the WSM! Cook indirect for about three hours and they should be fine! Not great,but edible. Let us know how it turns out.

Back