Gas Grill Question

You shouldn't say things like that Dan.....
I'm the kind of guy that you only have to ask 2 times.....
It's like.... " wanna stick around for a beer "
I'm like," nah....I should keep going things to do "
Then you are like " are you sure, got a dozen here on ice.... "
SOLD. Miller time.

did you get the blue one yet?

Darryl, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around those beer prices. Is that for some kind of fancy beer?
Nope.
Those beer prices I made a point of posting because we get ripped off so hard on everything up here in Canada.
Those prices are for regular Budweiser.
341ml is = to 12oz.
Of course I don't like bud.......I do like fancy beers and there are a few regular same priced domestics that I do like.
The taste of alcohol is a very expensive habit around here.
Imagine paying this price for 24 bottles of beer.
1657799514922.png

Also why I said if a bbq is $50 in the US, the same bbq would be $100 minimum here.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to mention our provincial sales tax is a dream as well......13%
So 43.95 plus tax gets you a case of beer to take home for the great price of............
$49.66
Local craft breweries cost much more than this.

Yah, well, the US is on it's way to closing that gap. Heck, we have people driving to Mexico to fill up their cars with gas.
I can remember in my younger days drinking Molson Golden beer (Canadian beer). It was what we drank when we had a few extra bucks in our wallets but I don't remember it being way out of line from other mid to high tier beers.

It looks like it has stainless steel grates! I own a 2000 SIlver-B (almost identical except it has an open cart). I recently purchased the $100 Weber steel grate upgrade. The knockoffs are at least $50, so consider this as a big bonus for the price of the grill. The steel are much easier to keep clean! I think it has a light in the handle too!

Natural gas is definitely the way to go. I went NG a long time ago and am soooooooooooooo happy I did. Even had a sealed direct vent remote control gas fireplace installed instead of the PIA woodburner
I replaced the ventless gas log fireplace in our house about 2 years ago. It's great. Heats the entire first floor in minutes. Completely safe and as easy to operate as a TV.

I like the idea of having the 3 burners in order from back to front....every grill I owned has had the burners from left to right...so the left burner on full is hot at the back and the front. Feels like the heat control for special cooks would be a lot easier to manage.
Like back burner off, other 2 on full bore for nice crispy skin indirect chicken.
The blue lid I posted in first post is about 1.5 hours away and I have to drive through the city.......get NG plumbed in......
I would hate to drive that far to find it rusted out.
Going to take another look and maybe message him for more pics.
$175 asking, probably wants to settle on $150.

I like the idea of having the 3 burners in order from back to front....every grill I owned has had the burners from left to right...so the left burner on full is hot at the back and the front. Feels like the heat control for special cooks would be a lot easier to manage.
Like back burner off, other 2 on full bore for nice crispy skin indirect chicken.
The blue lid I posted in first post is about 1.5 hours away and I have to drive through the city.......get NG plumbed in......
I would hate to drive that far to find it rusted out.
Going to take another look and maybe message him for more pics.
$175 asking, probably wants to settle on $150.
Years ago I cooked 2 Costco boneless beef prime ribs @12 lbs. each for a party on the rotisserie one was done on a Broil King and the other was done on my Weber Genesis 1000 just an earlier version of the Weber Silver B as in the ad. . I had to struggle to get the Broil King ( burners left to right ) to maintain a constant 350 F and could not fully close the lid and had to crack the lid open a bit to achieve 350 F . The Weber Genesis 1000 ( burners front to back or as some say east to west) had no problem whatsoever maintaining the consistent temp with the lid closed . Like I say once you achieve your desired medium cooking temp on these old Weber's its just like having cruise control .

Last edited:
@Darryl - swazies another thing to consider if you are planning to cook rotisserie.

On a Silver/Gold, the distance from the rotisserie spit to a flavorizer bar is 5 inches.

The Genesis x000 cook boxes are deeper and have two rows of flavorizer bars, and the upper row can be removed if more space is needed for roti.

On an x000, distance from the rotisserie spit to the upper row is 6.25 inches, and 7.5 inches to the lower row if you remove some or all of the upper layer.

On this cook I had room for a pan on the second row of my 1000.

20220714_114223.jpg

Same spit on my silver B. I removed three Flav bars and set an old grate on top of the center burner to hold the drip pan with potatoes and onions. It works, yet roti on the 1000 is easier with the extra height

20220714_114732.jpg

Last edited:
Nope.
Those beer prices I made a point of posting because we get ripped off so hard on everything up here in Canada.
Those prices are for regular Budweiser.
341ml is = to 12oz.
Of course I don't like bud.......I do like fancy beers and there are a few regular same priced domestics that I do like.
The taste of alcohol is a very expensive habit around here.
Imagine paying this price for 24 bottles of beer.
View attachment 55187

Also why I said if a bbq is $50 in the US, the same bbq would be $100 minimum here.
That's crazy! I don't like budweiser either, but I can buy a 30 pack of most cheap beer here for about $22.00 including tax.

Back