fun times at the Weber outlet sale. did anyone else go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
Made it to the Weber outlet sale yesterday.

Alomost broke down and bought a ranch kettle, they had one that was a blemish for $390.

Wanted a 22.5 platnimun (which at the sale were going for $139.00) but they only had one that went bebore I got there and then in a cross between avacodo green and yellow-(not that i would have cared). Arrived there at 7;15 sale started at 8:00 I was already 150 people back in the line. I settled for a 22.5 in gold homer simpson gold kettle. Now I have to figure which grills I am going to retire before my girlfriend kills me for having NO space on the patio. (Before yesterday I was at 3 22.5 kettles 1 smoky joe, 1 Charbroil smoker 1 kningsford oval grill, 3 wsm's)

Picked up one of the new Weber Q gas grill and all the associated toys, cover, stand, duffel bag, propane tank adapter.

The sale was better than 2 years ago when they did it and I waited 6 hours to get in. thye had many more sales people than they did then.

That Warehouse is huge its 1/2 mile long with bays for up to 60 semi's wow!!

Anyways it was nice to go make the pilgramage left at 5;00 am came back with a van load for me and neighbors at 12:30

I stopped on Friday too figuring Saturday would be a mad house. Good thing too since it rained most of the day Saturday.

This was the first warehouse sale I've been to and I wasn't sure where the sale was so I ended up at the Palatine site first only to discover that I had to head out to Huntley. No problems, I just hopped on the tollway and headed west.

I got there around 11:00AM. The line wasn't too bad. It took about 1 hour to get in the door. I spent the time chatting with the folks in line around me. We had fun watching folks who showed up with cars trying to shove all of their purchases into their vehicles. Good thing I drive an "evil" SUV.
icon_smile.gif

Once inside, I grabbed the videos they had as freebies and waited for a salesperson. They were out of Summits, 22 1/2" Performers, and all of the Qs when I got inside. No big deal as I wasn't looking for them anyway; although I may need to get a Q next just to have one. (<span class="ev_code_RED">Uh oh, obsession alert!</span>)

I picked up a second WSM, a charcoal grate to modify the new WSM, new covers for my Genesis 2k & One-Touch kettle, a standard Smokey Joe, and another chimney starter (it was the Williams-Sonoma version with a pack of starter cubes included).

Good prices overall--especially with the 5% discount for paying with cash which essentially negated the sales tax (6.5%).

I ended up going today (Saturday). Got there at 6:45am and there were about 25-30 people ahead of me. Got in when they opened at 8am and started workin'. Picked up my 1st WSM, Firestarter cubes, some tools, a couple bags of wood chunks, replacement thermometer, a couple of the Weber rubs, a roast holder, and a Weber t-shirt. Didn't have rib racks in stock, so I picked up the Char-Broil ones at Home Depot.

I was so tempted to get the Simpsons kettle, but didn't. DOH!
icon_biggrin.gif

This was my 3rd year in a row going and I was pretty happy w/ it since I got what I was mainly looking for (WSM!!!)

Will do it again next year!

Randy

I'm surprised to hear that they still have 22-1/2" Simpson kettles...aren't people selling those for big bucks on eBay?

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
Oh, MAN, Tom----I couldn't have passed up a Ranch for that price....!

Yer killin' me.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Susan, I feel your pain.
icon_frown.gif
Bryan

ok ok well no onwe is beating up on me more than me on not getting the Ranch Kettle. It did have abig BLEM sticker on it and there was only one there (it was about 8:45-9:00 when I actually got in the door. I did look at the box and thought how much grief I would get for bringing that home.

Ok I'm kicking myself and will try and be one of the first next year. If they have them I hopefully will get one!!

As to the Simpson grills they had a good number of them, 200+ or so of them. they were the only 22.5 onetouch golds they had. My girlfriend thinks it is hideously ugly!!!

The date code is DD so they were 2000 models they have been sitting on.

May just have to see what they are going for on ebay and get the platinum I wanted afterall??

I do love this event. It really is fun even though its a two hour drive.

Like Chris, I'm shocked to see that they had homer simpson 22.5's. How much how much how much were they? (i'm all woozy thinking that there were HUNDREDS of 'em)

Funny thing about the Homer Simpson grill. I sent weber an email and they said we havn't made that grill in years. And we don't have any of them to sell. I mentioned the wharehouse sale and they claim that there is none left
icon_confused.gif
That sucks cause i always wanted one
icon_frown.gif
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back