FS at Costco (02-18-2023) Weber Genesis II S-435

I just picked up the Genesis II S-435 from Costco for $1199.00. Great deal if you ask me. I was going to pull the trigger on the Summit, but once I saw this I didn't mind the "downgrade". Saved myself $1600.00

Congrats!

Wondering what people think of this vs that Members Mark for $699?

I just picked up the Genesis II S-435 from Costco for $1199.00. Great deal if you ask me. I was going to pull the trigger on the Summit, but once I saw this I didn't mind the "downgrade". Saved myself $1600.00
Not sure why but Costco here has them at $899. It's what I posted the photo of the tag of

I saw the 335 at my Costco a couple days ago at $899 and did not consider it a great deal. Your box definitely said 435 and that is a great deal.

No, it was labeled 435 and $899 I did not see another model
I’m guessing incorrectly priced or labeled. No research or posts here support the $899 as the 435. Can you reconfirm on your next Costco visit? If so, I’ll make my Costco match that price and buy once for my kid.

Be happy to. As I was really not interested in buying one. I simply saw the display and wanted the photo of the label. So there could have been another model there I did not see. Another thing I don't see at our Costco is a "Kirkland" branded grill as in a Member's Mark at Sam's

Weber Stephen went public in August 2021. In December 2022, BDT Capitol took over with a $350 mil loan. Weber is experiencing some bad "flare ups". Moving all assembly operations to the PRC is one way to stop the hemorrhaging cash but probably not enough. Leadership uses terms like "global operations".
Sad, this was once a cherished American Made line of grills.

Totally, totally off topic. In the old days, the average Joe on the street could tell a quality wooden tool handle. Before that, the average Joe could make a quality tool handle. Now everybody thinks wood is wood. I'm not even talking about the kind of wood or the tightness of the grain. Poorly made handles show the grain running across the handle at an angle, and that is how they split. Good handles are turned such that the grain runs perfectly parallel to the handle. This level of quality, even on a machine, takes a wee bit of skill.

Odd thing about wooden tool handles is that if they survive initial stress, they will probably last a long time.

In my Boy Scout camp memories, the kids used to build catapults out of 5' turned wooden staves. The teenager would always select the clean bright brand new staves. Many of these were turned crooked and tended to split diagonally. The better staves to choose were the old dirty ones that had survived previous years.

At Home Depot, you can look at the tools yourself and select the quality ones.

So I promised I would report back. I was at Costco today. Mine only had the one unit displayed (a 4 burner) (the 435 model) and I o;ittle ly had seen the one price. Today I dug deeper. The 3 burner is the one at $899 and the 4 burner is $1100 IIRC. So, sorry for the misread. Due to only seeing the one unit on the floor and being a little mislead

So I promised I would report back. I was at Costco today. Mine only had the one unit displayed (a 4 burner) (the 435 model) and I o;ittle ly had seen the one price. Today I dug deeper. The 3 burner is the one at $899 and the 4 burner is $1100 IIRC. So, sorry for the misread. Due to only seeing the one unit on the floor and being a little mislead
ty for the clarification. no animals were harmed in this research. you're good. TY.

Yep, especially at that price point, IMO it's a steal. I have looked at that thing in great detail side by side to the weber offerings right next to it. Have seen comments here about it being "flimsy" and so on. Would like to know what people were looking at to call that thing "flimsy". It's not a "tank" like my Wolf but it's certainly NOT flimsy by any stretch. Plus pretty much everything is 304SS, Love the top down "sear/rotisserie" burner, included gas conversion kit as well. Frankly if (and that is IF) I wanted a new gas grill right now, I could not get that thing in my SUV fast enough.
But since I have gone to the "dark side" I am more likely to buy another pellet grill than another gasser :D "Luke feel the power, Luuuuke, I am your fahthah Luuuuke" :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, honestly right now the Wolf is "over kill". Could honestly live without it, but sentimental attachment and my investment a few years ago with Dave Santana for custom made grates is helping keep it on my deck. But yeah it is WAY bigger than what I now need (or even much want).

Back