Fruits and Veggies?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

As everyone is grilling veggies these days (and even some fruits) is anyone doing it on the smoker? I think that could be kind of cool...nice smoked bananas with ice cream. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Also, what about smoking rice? Something like taking fried rice (which has somewhat of a smokey flavor already) and putting it in the smoker. Probably have to put it in after thouroughly cooked though, to get the smoke into the rice.

Comments? That BBQ Newsgroup might eat up this question these days...safer here. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I commonly smoke corn (about 1 hr) and baking potatos (about 2 hours) and they both come out fantastic. I've tried apples stuffed with snickers and they also turned out great.

Good Luck!

Hay Gary good question about the rice. Try it out and let us know.
I once tried to smoke some egg plant and yellow squash. Did not like the results. Kind of bitter. And I used a small ammount of apple wood. I will stick with grilling them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Chavez:
[qb] I once tried to smoke some egg plant and yellow squash. Did not like the results. Kind of bitter. And I used a small amount of apple wood. I will stick with grilling them. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If eggplant and squash soak up smoke like they do oil in a saute pan, then there's probably no way for them to come out palatable. Grilled is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back