From Russia with love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. It's always fun to learn about other parts of the world.

Sometimes the folks there aren't as different as we might imagine. I sure did not guess there would be that many Weber dealers in the Moscow area.

Very interesting. It's always fun to learn about other parts of the world.

Sometimes the folks there aren't as different as we might imagine. I sure did not guess there would be that many Weber dealers in the Moscow area.
To be honest I didn't realize how American style barbecue is popular in Russia myself before I watched a commercial for Masterclass.com where Aaron Franklin was teaching how to cook Texas style barbecue and I decided I want to try. Then I started watching videos on YouTube, choosing a cooker and realized that it is fast growing market!

So far I cooked ribs - turned out quite well, chicken too. Had no luck with pork butt/shoulder, as the local cut is quite different to the one you have in US, tried "pork neck" instead and it was quite OK, but again, not perfect - there is a mix of dark and white muscles and the former aren't as tender.

View attachment 22661

View attachment 22662
I've heard about pork neck but never seen/or tried it.
Yours looks great!

This member has been banned for violating forum terms of service. If he contacted you by private message (and you have not already notified me) please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back