From ATL

Rafael Fuentes

Hi everyone,

Noob here, and a noob in the world of smoking. I've been grilling for awhile, and got interested in smoking meats. Born and raised in Puerto Rico, i've been around several ways of grilling meats, specifically roasting whole porks, a puertorrican specialty, "caja chinas", charcoal grills, and gassers, but smoking, or should i say, BBQing is new to me... Well, after getting the smoking meat bug, and after several attempts at purchasing a used WSM through craigslist, finally found a good one where i was the first one to call the seller. After several months on the hunt, i realized that WSMs in ATL are a hot commodity... To say the least. So finally, I'll be firing him up this saturday, for my first smoke, 4 racks of spares... Already got a recipe, got my buddy to come help me (and bring the beer), so i should be set!

I've got to say, this is a great forum with great wealth of information. I'll post some pics from the smoke, if everything goes well!!!

Rafael.

Welcome aboard and look forward to the pics. Also would like some posts about the different grilling you did.

Back