Freezing Point for Burnt Ends Later

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
So I'm coming to the end of my brisket cook and I don't feel like removing the point, putting it back on, then chopping, saucing, putting back on for burnt ends today. I'm thinking about removing when I slice/serve, vac sealing and freeeing to make burnt ends another day. Anyone see any issues with this? In the past I've done the burnt ends and then vac sealed and put in freezer for later.

I really dont see a problem w/ doing it that way. W/ the point having a lot of fat, I think it would take the freeze, and re-cook just fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm thinking about removing when I slice/serve, vac sealing and freeeing to make burnt ends another day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's what I'm doing with mine too. I think I'll collect a couple then throw them on the bottom grate on some future cook.

I'm not a burnt ends fan but I freeze smoked points all the time for future stuff and it works well.

Thanks Jeff, yep looks like we're BCS bowl bound! I'm looking at the projections and it looks like the majority of the "experts" are projecting USC or Texas for us in the Fiesta Bowl or Bama in the Sugar Bowl. Personally, I'd like to see us play USC.

I have another point in the freezer (total of two now) that I'll be pulling out for a dinner next Saturday. The plan is to throw on the smoker for 2 hours, cube and sauce and put back on for another 2 hours or until "burnt."

Back