Free Silver B: Most Baked on Grime Award Winner???

here in KC we have a product called Members Mark oven grill & fryer cleaner sold at sams club best cleaner ever
i have used it on some rebuilds just spry it on and let it work pressure wash it a few times not much scraping needed

I find that Dawn Power dissolver works better than Simple green or any other cleaner that I have used for the inside of a grill lid. But it is expensive. Spray it on, wait 20-30 minutes and then grab the razor.

I admit I didn't carefully read all of the prior replies, but is this really a Silver B?

sorry to be pedantic.:geek:

re Hood and FireBox scraping:

I've found that spraying with Simple Green (1 part SG, 3 parts H2O) liberally and then placing parts in a heavy duty black plastic trash bag, then left in the sun for a few hours to steam will do a pretty good job of loosening up the residue of past cooks. Then hit it with the one sided razor blade.

Edit: One sided razor blade for the porcelain, scraper for the cast aluminum.

It's the heat muddling my brain today.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine using a single edge razor blade on any cast aluminum pieces. End caps or cook box.

Samuel. the key word is "Razor". That guy is using a putty knife which is exactly what I use to scrape out a cook box. A single edge razor blade would self destruct in one pass.

This is a single edge RAZOR blade:

Pair those up with the handle and you have a tool that works great on the inside of the lid. BUt not so well on the cook box.

Samuel. the key word is "Razor". That guy is using a putty knife which is exactly what I use to scrape out a cook box. A single edge razor blade would self destruct in one pass.

This is a single edge RAZOR blade:

Pair those up with the handle and you have a tool that works great on the inside of the lid. BUt not so well on the cook box.

Thanks that explains it better I thought that was handle with single edge blade on it. I see in the parts description he states putty knife. He must be using a putty knife.

Last edited:
Yep, I watched the video and he is using a putty knife on the cook box. I did not watch long enough to see what he did with the lid.

It's too bad actually because he had it pretty well cleaned up, from the one or two minutes i skipped around watching.

JBaker, are you talking about the cook box or the lid?

Not a tub, a large heavy duty black trash bag. Think Contractor grade.

Spray, place in bag, tie up bag, leave in sun. You'd be surprised how much heat can be generated, and the Simple Green soaks in, doesn't evaporate.

Softens everything up.

Back