Free (semi-crippled) 4.2 heatermeter to who wants it

I generally run the snapshot release to test and find any flaws to report to Bryan, so it's hard for me to tell which features have been rolled into the official release, or not.....

Go to CONFIG/LINKMETER/AVR FIRMWARE, then select ONLINE REPOSITORY....

You should see a list of available AVR firmware.

Select the most recent SNAPSHOT that does not have NOISE in the title and click FLASH.....

It held at 275°F for a couple of hours. I never intended this to be a long cook, so it started running low on charcoal shortly after that. It was long enough to see that it would hold temp, that my probes aren't calibrated well, and that something funky happened that suggests I **might** need to tweak something but more than likely need to try again with a clean slate.

Thanks RT for the help, Bryan for the awesome product, and Chris & community for the place to get all the help. Oh, and Geoff for the generosity!

Wayne, if you get the board you should try to fix it. There are 12 traces that lead to the display, if you are patient and use a multimeter to check continuity on each pin you can install a jumper wire to fix whatever trace is damaged.

So, in my "Fan stuck on high" post I got some good help and that led me back to this one (since its starting to look like the HM might be working and my rPi has bitten the dust). Can anyone point me to where I can find where the traces originate that should lead to the display?

I found one that apparently provides the backlight: I think its marked B+. Alligator clipped jumper gives light.
CNT looks like it should be connected to the pin directly under it (is that a potentiometer?). Alligator clipped jumper on the back side gives no discernible result even with a twist of the potentiometer ...if that's what it is.

Looks like B- connects to the diagonally connected top-right of the X pattern to the right and below it.
B+ to the top left of the X.
D7 I assume connects to the pin directly below it, and the same for d6,d5, & d4.

E to the pin under the right-most empty socket (under the screen).
W to the pin above GND & SCK above the 4-way button. (Seems awfully far away. I might be wrong here.)
RS to the pin to the left of the pin that E connects to.

I still haven't accounted for the pin under B+. Where's it supposed to connect?

Highlighted in green are the traces for the LCD, leading from the ATMega to the shift register IC, then to the display.
LCD.jpg

Back