Free PGS grill

Douglas A

Seems like there a lot of guys who might appreciate a grill like this. From what I can find this looks like a pretty pricey grill when new. It's an oldie for sure.

7qbMtou.jpg

Last edited:
I think that could be a way better than average grill with a little work. Seems similar to Broilmaster. I know for sure I would grab it if only for the base. I am on the lookout for bases for my Broilmaster projects. Something like this one looks almost identical and could probably fairly easily be adapted.

Yep those PGS grills are very much like BM. That grill may not be an oldie or it may be since with PGS it's nearly impossible to tell

Hahh! Interesting. When we bought our beach home 10+ years ago, a PGS grill just like that one but with only one side shelf, was on the deck and included in the sale. It needed some work... just like this one. It was my first restoration! Foolishly, I restored it and than sold it on CL. . I painted the plastic base gray, painted the hood black. Polished the stainless, the grates were in good shape after cleaning so I replaced the H burner with a generic one and added new ceramic briquettes and a generic piezo Igniter.
I had already bought a new Ducane NG.... a Weber Ducane Affinity 3100, so I sold the PGS to some hipster type guy from Philly for $200. Three years later I got rid of the Ducane because it rusted out and paid $250 for a used Spirit S-210 that I had to restore in March. Hindsight is 20/20...I'd have still been grilling on the PGS if I knew than what I do now!

Last edited:
Yah, makes me really want to consider keeping the Broilmaster I just picked up.

Yah, I am also considering keeping the SS Platinum C. I don't really want to keep three grills, much less two, so with my 1000 blue head at least one is out of the picture.

They still make the PGS, so parts should be available.
PGS and BM and MHP are the few left that still make the cookbox and top lid of aluminum.

MHP is made in a far north suburb of Chicago. Waukegan I believe also the birthplace of Jack Benny

Yah, I am also considering keeping the SS Platinum C. I don't really want to keep three grills, much less two, so with my 1000 blue head at least one is out of the picture.

To me, that just means putting one around the other side of the house;)!

Or like you Jon, hiding them back in the jungle behind the house. I do have a small wooded area out behind the house about 100 feet away. I could store a couple dozen back there probably. hahaha

Hey, if you let the collector bug get you in it’s grip you are going to need to be creative. Why not explain the ones you keep as “floor samples?!”

Jon, I already have two grills behind my shed three in the garage and three in the driveway. All but my personal grills will have to go out back of the shed or back in the woods for the winter. I used to load 5 or 6 us on my trailer and pull that back to the shed area for the winter, but I am keeping the trailer out near the road this year as I may have to use it over the winter this year. I will have to be more creative.

Back