Found: Whole Brisket in NY Area

adam clyde

TVWBB Pro
I know a few of us have lamented about the lack of whole brisket options in this area. I literally called every meat market and meat wholesaler I could find and none could help out.

Found one in Rye, NY: Crisfields Prime Meats. They need a few days in advance to order and cut. They said if you give them a week, they'll hang it to age a bit for a few days for no extra charge. Not super cheap, but also not exorbitantly expensive. It is $2.99/pound. Great place, good folks.

Sorry for the limited appeal of this post... but I know there are a few of us in the area who have all been looking for a place like this.

Crisfields Prime Meats
61 Purchase St.
Rye, NY 10580
914-967-0152

If you are driving there, call first. They can give you directions... it's in downtown Rye, but hard to find.

I have friends on Long Island and Up State NY that maybe able to help you find packers, I will check with them.
Jim

I just talked a buddy that runs another BBQ Forum that lives in NY and any of you out there in the So Conn and NY area want to give me your hometowns he will get you the closest supply.
He is getting Red Oak and Excel plus can order other brands, is starting to get CABs also.
Jim

Restaurant Depot also known as Jetro can supply you but you need a busness lic or be part of a 501c corp(ie: service group like Lion Club) to be able to buy from them.
Jim

I'm a brisket newbie so please excuse my ignorance. Have you only been able to find flats in your area? What are the benefits of getting a whole brisket besides the obvious?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Minion:
I just talked a buddy that runs another BBQ Forum that lives in NY and any of you out there in the So Conn and NY area want to give me your hometowns he will get you the closest supply.
He is getting Red Oak and Excel plus can order other brands, is starting to get CABs also.
Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Jim, you are a good, good man... I live in Stamford, CT (Fairfield County). I work in White Plains, NY (Westchester County). So anything near either place is great. I'm liking my new supplier, but if you know of others, I would really like to know.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colin B.:
I'm a brisket newbie so please excuse my ignorance. Have you only been able to find flats in your area? What are the benefits of getting a whole brisket besides the obvious? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Colin - yes, I've only been able to find flats here in the past. Flats do not have the "point" part of the brisket, which is a fattier, thicker part of the brisket that sits partially on top of the flat. The point is great for either burnt ends or for chopped brisket, etc. Also, when cooking the whole thing toghether, the point does a lot to keep the flat from drying out.

Back