Found-Where to find CGA replacement grates?

Jason Godard

TVWBB Pro
When I try out a new grill and like it, I get a couple extra sets of grates, while they are available. In the case of the Charcoal Go Anywhere portable grill, no stores near me have the replacements for the CGA.
I could not find them on the Weber site either, so I sent them a message about it. Here is part of their reply:
Coming to your concern about the grates for the same grill, we would like to inform you that the correct Cooking grate has part #67195 costing $37.99 while the correct Charcoal grate has part #67168 costing $27.99.

It’s cheaper to buy a new CGA at full price than to replace these 2 grates. I’m sure this is a marketing decision, but it seems wasteful to me.

Anyone know of who might carry them, preferably at a lower price?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I’m also interested in this. Specifically, would love a stainless grate with the ability of 1/4 of it to flip open for adding charcoal
Jacob, check out this thread and the video Joe posted for some ideas on where to cut the grate for storage.

I'm still peeved at the grillgrate I bought for my CGA. It lifts the lid off the top enough to see the grates, tons of extra airflow. It won't snuff out charcoal and makes it impossible to run low temps. Pretty well known problem. I contact grillgrates and they suggested using an angle grinder to trim them. I'm pretty handy, but ruined them in about the first 30 seconds.

Can't say I've tested that out yet, but I did cut my weber grate at 2/3 to accommodate indirect cooking. Doing up some bakers and sweet peppers right now.

Attachments

• 20210913_181805.jpg
    20210913_181805.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 39
Well, ok. That’s really the diffuser plate used in the gas version.
Did you notice that link had 2 options. The second is a diffuser plate (they call it a flavorizer) for indirect cooking.
View attachment 37114
So the 2015 model and previous had the flavorizer plate and normal grate. After 2015 they dropped the flavorizer and grate and went with this piece of crap:

Screenshot_20210914-010857-126.png

That's why you can get several options of grate/flavorizer at Amazon to make the grill work properly again.

L
So the 2015 model and previous had the flavorizer plate and normal grate. After 2015 they dropped the flavorizer and grate and went with this piece of crap:

View attachment 37117

That's why you can get several options of grate/flavorizer at Amazon to make the grill work properly again.

That is only a thing for the gas version. This thread is for charcoal go anywhere, which has the exact same grate it's always had

L

That is only a thing for the gas version. This thread is for charcoal go anywhere, which has the exact same grate it's always had
Ah gotcha. Yeah, I got mixed up. BUT, on the topic, when I wanted a heat break on the charcoal version I actually use the grate from the new Gas GA version over the charcoal. It's not great for searing, but good for times I need less heat. If you can find one cheap it's worth a try.

Back