Found Source For Brisket in SE MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor Blohm

TVWBB Member
I have found a place to get untrimmed brisket in SE Michigan-Snook's Butcher Shop in Milford (Maybe 40 miles NW of Detroit on I96).

I haven't bought one yet, they said that the cost would be $2-$3/ pound and they need a couple days or so early warning.

Have a good day

I found choice grade, whole packer briskets at the super wall mart in Holland Mi for $1.18 per pound on New Years Eve Morning.

Get on the internet and get the phone numbers of a couple of your closest Walmart super centers or Sam's clubs. Ask if they have whole briskets and if they don't ask them if they will order you some by the case (this is the only draw back if you only want just one or don't have room to store the briskets). The other day I found a store about 30 Mins from me that has whole brisket for $1.48/lb in stock. Currently I have the store in my town ordering me a case (6 packer cut briskets) for $1.18/lb. My dad will buy two of these and I'll cook one immediately and the deep freezer will gobble up the rest. If you are not anal about your brisket being choice vs. select do not buy from that local meat guy cause you'll pay too much and they might trim off too much fat for you to BBQ it. Walmart can and will get you brisket by the case if you talk to the meat department and ask for it by the case. I live in western ohio right on I-75 and virtually no one sells whole brisket around here but I can get it from Wal-mart for a good price by the case. Good Luck!

Thanks guys! I checked at the Walmart, and they do have briskets. They seem to be whole-the fat is very thick on one side.

Thanks again,

Trevor

Trev- A big piece of beef with a lot of fat on one side sounds like a packer brisket to me! They will range from a small 8lbs to over 15lbs! For a WSM cook I believe a 12lber or less is the size that can fit. You'll want to trim some of that fat off of the one side and leave about 1/4" of a fat cap for moisture and flavor. I wouldn't trim much off of the flat (obviously the thinner wider half). Also, there is a pocket of fat usually on one side that you will want to cut and dig out. I'm sure that there is plenty of info on this site for trimming up briskets. I just picked up 7 choice packer cut briskets last night for $1.18 and have one in the fridge waiting to be bbq'd this weekend. I'm glad you found your brisket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back