Found Lump in New Jersey

Chris S Lewis

TVWBB Fan
I found a store in central NJ that carries Big Green Egg lump AND Wicked Good lump!! As well as a good selection of smoke wood chunks. I am SO excited, I've been looking for a while and could only find RO and Cowboy in local hardware stores.

If you live in NJ and are looking for lump the place is in Whippany on RT 10. It's called Hometown Hearth and Grill.

I'l be using the BGE lump for Thanksgiving turkey and I'm doing two butts Friday night. I'll try the Wicked Good with those. I am really looking forward to becoming a lump guy!

Thanks for the great info.

Couple of questions: How large was their supply ?

Do you remember prices ?

I found a place in Clark that has a large supply of RO (Paraguay) at $10 for a 20 lb bag.

Stuart,

Their supply was fair. The guy at the store said they were due for shipment and was sorry he didn't have more. They have BGE lump 20 lb for $20.99. The Wicked Good they only had 11 lb bags at $12.99.

To be honest I wasn't all that price sensitive I was just glad to find something other then RO.

They had a better supply of smoke wood. Nice large bags, didn't notice the weight, good size chunks. They had apple, adler, cherry, maple and a few others.

I thought it was a pretty good find and it's on my way home from work!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe BGE lump is repackaged Cowboy. I personally have never had a problem with Cowboy for low and slow. I just can't see paying $20 for a 20lb bag of BGE when I can go to Lowes and get 22lbs of Cowboy for $12.

Wicked Good ,however, is on a different level.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe BGE lump is repackaged Cowboy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Royal Oak is the manufacture of BGE lump.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
Royal Oak is the manufacture of BGE lump. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, That is correct.

I read somewhere on this board or the naked whiz that the supplier for BGE is indeed Royal Oak. Allegedly their premium (?) quality lump. I’m not so sure but hey it’s Thanksgiving dinner. I figured it was worth 10 bucks or so extra to give it a try.

Now if I could just get some of that coconut lump I’ve heard about………..

I know there are some Wegman's stores in North Jersey and their house brand lump is pretty good. Believe it's made by RO. 10# bags for about $5.

Thanks Mike,

I picked up a 10lb bag yesterday at Wegmens. It was on sale for $3.99!! I must admit that the Wicked Good lump has spoiled me
icon_cool.gif

I did a Mr. Brown cook Friday night with lump for the first time. I am a true convert now. MUCH better then K.

Back