Found a used Gen 1

CarlB

TVWBB Member
I found a used Gen 1 Smokefire for a great price & while I’m not sure if it was ever registered I’m assuming that I need to pay for upgrades to get it to Gen 2 status since I’m not the original owner? Any idea how much for the upgrades?

The ONLY upgrade that improves performance is the welded auger chute assembly. I don't know what they get for it. If it wasn't registered then you can register it and the upgrade parts are free. Folks have different experiences dependent on which customer service rep they talk to. Even if you can't register it you may still get that upgrade for free. However, that's a guess and not a guarantee. When you say you found it do you mean you bought it or you are considering it? EX4 or 6?

It’s an EX4 listed locally for $275, I wanted the EX6 but honestly at the asking price for the EX4 I could make it work. He’s the original owner selling it after owning it for a year, he’s just not pleased with it so he’s selling.

Oh well, it’s sold & gone. Always happens to me, I find something for a good deal right before I have to leave for a work trip & when I get back it’s gone. It is what is, moving on & keep looking.

Oh well, it’s sold & gone. Always happens to me, I find something for a good deal right before I have to leave for a work trip & when I get back it’s gone. It is what is, moving on & keep looking.
Keep looking. I see these things all the time, I almost captured an EX4 for $100 even though I'm not really a fan of the pellet variety.

Back