Found a New WSM Defect: Backward Rivet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned recently that Weber sent me a new lid to replace one that had some manufacturing defects. Guess what I discovered? Another type of defect that I'd never seen before--the backwards damper rivet.

The rivets are supposed to have the round head on the outside of the cooker, but this lid has the rivet in backwards, so the head is on the inside. It looks like a little "inny" belly button on the lid. See this photo.

Maybe we'll have to start asking, "Does your WSM have an "inny" or an "outie"? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Being it appears they both have the same manufacture date code, it would seem it's not a "design revision".

I'm in a state of depression. Think about it. If Weber would replace a defective lid with another defective lid for "our fearless leader", Cris, how can there be any hope for the rest of us ! I can only imagine the sleepless nights this has caused a self acknowledged perfectionist such as Chris. Seriously, this would have bugged me too. Imagine the moisture which must be hanging on the inverted rivet even as I type this post !

Notwithstanding the above, I've always said there are only a few really good things in this world and Weber is one of them, If it's wrong, I have no doubt they'll get right.

Hope everyone has a "smokin' good weekend"

PRG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul G.:
[qb]I can only imagine the sleepless nights this has caused a self acknowledged perfectionist such as Chris.[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Surprisingly not, because I have something special in store for that backwards rivet. Can't talk about it right now, though. Besides, it was an opportunity to document just one more potential glitch for the Web site, so that's cool.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back