Found a great place for lump and wood in SF Bay Area

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If anyone lives in the SF Bay Area, I found a wonderful place to get great lump charcoal for a steal.

The place is called Lazzari Fuel (http://www.lazzari.com/), and they are primarily a manufacturing company, but they sell to the public. You can buy 40 lb. bags of their Oak/Hickory Lump for like 9 bucks. And it is fantastic charcoal. I've always used BGE lump (with good results), but this blew it away. All HUGE pieces, with very long burn times. And it smells great.

They also sell 50 lb (2.1 cu. ft.) bags of firewood for $8 a pop. I haven't tried the wood yet, since I still need to cut it into chunks, but it's nice and seasoned and smells great in my fireplace.

Anyhow, I know I sound like an infomercial, but I'm just really thrilled that I found this place. It's SO much cheaper than Barbecues Galore, where I've been paying $8 for a 5 lb. bag of wood chunks, and the quality is vastly superior. Hopefully, some other folks can benefit too.

Hey, Mason,

How do I buy? Can I find their stuff in stores, do I mail-order it from them, or do I have to drive there or something? Thanks!

--Tom

Tom-

You gotta drive there and buy it. They sell their mesquite lump in retail stores (Smart and Final has it), but the rest is sold from their place in Brisbane, CA (unless you order a lot, then they may ship it to you.....)

FWIW, they used to have a hardwood lump that they advertised as being made from oak and hickory. They now just advertise it as "Hardwood Lump", and from the sparking, I suspect there's a significant mesquite component to it. I still really like the stuff, and will load up with 200lbs at a time. They only "pre-chunked" wood they have is hickory (nothing wrong with that), and their firewood looks good though I haven't tried any since I have a source already.

Mason, good find, it's my only source for lump these days!!

Cheers,
Rich G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back