For Sale: 18.5" avocado green kettle + 1981 black kettle

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Update: See my reply below this post.

I've got a friend that has two Weber kettles he wants to sell. Both are located in the Santa Cruz mountains near San Jose/Silicon Valley.

One is a 1969-1972 BAR-B-QUE KETTLE PAT PENDING 18.5" avocado green kettle. It's sweaty and kind of in rough shape, with some rusty spots on the lid and bowl and around the welds on the two metal bowl handles, as well as one spot that goes all the way through the bowl. It's missing a damper or maybe two on the bottom of the bowl. The wooden lid handle is long gone, replaced by a modern plastic one. The wheels have been replaced with something new. Having said all that, the finish has a nice shine to it and the lid vent is in good shape. It's also got the original twist-on ash pan, a little bent out of shape. This grill should clean up nicely but will show its age, for sure!

People are asking $300-$450 or more for grills like this online, my friend would be happy to get $200, I think, if it goes to a forum member or a friend of the forum.

He's also got a 1981 22" black kettle he wants to sell. It's got some cracking and rust on the lid, but some nice shine to the finish, original wooden handles, etc. I think he'd take $75 on this one.

If you are interested in either of these, send me a note by clicking my face then "Start conversation".

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6019.jpg

IMG_6020.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

Last edited:
Price drop: My friend needs to move these two grills, he'll let the avocado go for $50 and if you'll take the black kettle you can have it for free. Let me know if you're interested. There's one forum member who expressed interest, but he's gone radio silent.

Price drop: My friend needs to move these two grills, he'll let the avocado go for $50 and if you'll take the black kettle you can have it for free. Let me know if you're interested. There's one forum member who expressed interest, but he's gone radio silent.
Sorry about that! Been out of state and haven't checked back until now. The deal is in the works.

Back