Foodsaver ??

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey all,
I am thinking about getting a foodsaver. Thought I could use some help. I see other brands out there. Ive never seen one, but see a lot of people using them here on this site. Any advise??

A while ago I bought a foodsaver based on recommendations on this site. I have not been disappointed. Works great! So easy to use for a variety of items and quantities, large and small.

I picked up a Rival SealAMeal (cheapest model) on sale at Target last year. Works great, makes quick work of the 15# of smoked butt you can't eat in one sitting.

A must-have if you're planning on freezing leftovers.

I just purchased a FoodSaver this week, after having used freezer bags (zip bags) to store my leftover Q in the freezer. That didn't work out that well, as I ended up with freezer-burned pulled pork etc.

Was wondering if anyone here has a good online source (read: cheap) for FoodSaver bags and rolls? My machine came with one 10' roll, but I need to get more sooner than later. I'll probably pick up a few rolls locally, but I'd love to find a good online source for them.

You can buy them by the case at Costco for a pretty good price. Also, Walmart carries the individual boxes of them for a decent price as well.

Dan

We just bought a Foodsaver Advanced V2240. It's hands free and has wet and dry settings along with instant seal.

We no longer need our 5-year old Foodsaver Compact II. It still works great but doesn't have the features of the newer Advanced models.

I will give the Foodsaver Compact II free to the first person that contacts my e-mail address.

This is the Foodsaver Compact II only. No bags or accessories are included.

THE FOODSAVER COMPACT II HAS BEEN GIVEN AWAY. THANKS.

Here is a link to the online user manual:

Foodsaver Compact II online user manual.

Rusty

The one Costco sells works great with very few misfires. I think it's a must when dealing with large amounts of leftover pork butts. I also use it when I do multiple chickens on the rotiserrie. We eat one and I debone the 2nd one and freeze it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rusty Barton:
It's hands free and has wet and dry settings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How well does the wet setting work, would you recomend paying the extra for this feature?

Back