Food vacuum sealers

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What brand is the equivalent of the WSM in food sealing systems?

I envision myself having to freeze things from time to time and wonder what the better brands are. Thanks.

D-

FoodSaver Pro II works great for me! Yes, you will find yourself with lots of leftovers. I just don't see the point in firing up the cooker if it ain't full, so I have lots of goodies in my freezer!

FWIW, I got mine off eBay for $175 or so including shipping. I had to go through a few auctions to get that one at that price.

Rich G.

Diana,

The FoodSaver II Pro, IMHO, is the equivalent of a David Klose offset smoker, not the WSM. You can get a lesser model FoodSaver for less money that will do the same things. Of course it all depends on how much you plan on using it. I bought the 550 model, paid $117, and use it for left over Q, and other left overs, and vac packing when I buy other meats from Costco's, etc; about two or three times a week. FoodSaver by Tilia is the brand to buy, however.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diana Lundin:
[qb] What brand is the equivalent of the WSM in food sealing systems?

I envision myself having to freeze things from time to time and wonder what the better brands are. Thanks. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I bought a new Sinbo on ebay about a year ago. I'm very well satisfied with it. Sorry but it's been so long I don't remember what I paid, but it was a bargain compared to the retail price.

Good luck.

Thanks, you guys! I was looking on ebay and saw a variety of brands and was puzzled so your info is good to know. Now please keep it a secret while I go bid on something. Don't need the competition to drive up the price!

I just bought a Tilia FoodSaver from Costco.
Take the model number of what you are looking at and submit it to Amazon.com. If they sell it you will see the current street price. Also by looking at the USER REVIEWS you can get a good feel for the pros and cons of the item you may condsider.

There is also a neat group at yahoo.groups just for the Tilia FoodSavers which has lots of help full tips and suggestions.

FoodSaver@yahoogroups.com

Thanks for the info. Who knew there was a group devoted to the Tilia Food Saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back