Florida > Delray Beach: Smoke BBQ

Bob L

TVWBB Super Fan
http://www.eatbbqnow.com/

Been open a few years, just went last week. The brisket was good, others at the table tried the pulled pork and they said that was good. My brisket slice passed the pulled test. They have a brisket / burnt ends special on Wednesday; the rest of the week they do not serve burnt ends. We went on fri.

They had classic tomato based bbq sauce and the mustard based bbq sauce on the table. My brisket was lightly coated with the tomato based sauce which was very good. It was coated pre-sliced; just enough sweet with a nice tangy after taste. Nobody tried the mustard based sauce. However, the neighbor's kid (from Kentucky, some say home of BBQ) said he loves the the mustard based bbq sauced served here. He also said he has to go to smoke bbq whenever he comes home from college. (I guess this review hold merit)

The slaw was good, just a little wet for my taste. The mac and cheese got good reviews from my family. We have homemade potato chips that came with 2 sauces, they were very tasty.

The french fry's were very good. Nice and crispy but not over cooked. How can a simple side be so good?

The bbq wings were very good. However; I asked for mild wings and the server asked if I wanted the sauce on the side or on top of the wings. (he never mentioned if the sauce was hot or not.) I opted for on the top. Well when the wings came out they were covered with a hot sauce. The wings sauce was actually very good and not too spicy for me. However; some members at the table do not like hot stuff and they felt the wings were too hot for them. When I asked the server, he stated the wings are mild and when they add the sauce it becomes hot. When I asked why didn't he say anything about the sauce being hot he did not give a coherent answer. I advised him maybe next time mention it if somebody wants mild wings.

Prices were average and the portions were a pretty good size. Atmosphere was great and they had outside seating.

Overall, I would go again. I will try the ribs; they are also suppose to be very good.

Finally, it was very weird to go to a good BBQ restaurant on the main street of Delray.

If you like Impersonators, there is a bar down the street that has Elvis on Mondays and Rod Stewart on Wednesdays.

This is my 1st review, I hope I did it correctly.

Back