FLIES!

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So it's the time of year these damn black flies (some folks call them "attic flies" are constantly hanging around doors, and the outdoor spaces. And then they invade as soon as you crack a door to go outside. WTH can be done? They're making us crazy

I've got them too, it makes you wish you had one of those bug zappers. I have these and hang one in the garage when the bugs get bad. They work, but are kind of gross to use and they look terrible.Screenshot_20230726-182017.png

So it pulls them away from where they enter? Was not sure how good it would do for my problem
It attracts them from a distance they fly in the trap and die.

If they are already in the house it won't help, but it can reduce the population around you

It attracts them from a distance they fly in the trap and die.

If they are already in the house it won't help, but it can reduce the population around you
I may give it a go. How far aways is it "stinky"? I have a pretty sensitive schnozola and if my youngest daughter is here she can smell a chipmunk fart 50 yards :D

I had a cat that could jump and catch flies in mid air then eat them, that part is gross but she was amazing to watch. My cats now don't catch anything. :LOL:

We get greenhead flies at the beach whenever the wind blows offshore (from the West). They bite and they're hard to kill. We did use those remote lure and trap things once for a poolside party we had a few years ago. It worked very well but it does stink...like dead fish. We had it placed about 40 feet away and the flies are just driven to it.

Some hang clear plastic bags filled with water outside on decks or posts. Supposedly the sunlight reflecting off the water scares aways flies?
There are some DIY fly repellents that you spray around door frames. screens etc.

What is the best way to get rid of the flies already in the house? I thought about a little "zapper". Those are more of an issue than the ones outside

What is the best way to get rid of the flies already in the house? I thought about a little "zapper". Those are more of an issue than the ones outside
The residents of our house have been typically active in sports. So.... when a winged critter takes flight within the confines of our home, we bring out the "tennis racket"..... Harbor Freight, amongst others, sells them..... ;)

The residents of our house have been typically active in sports. So.... when a winged critter takes flight within the confines of our home, we bring out the "tennis racket"..... Harbor Freight, amongst others, sells them..... ;)
We have a couple of them.. Wife is quite deadly with it :D

Back