Flat Iron Steak w/Hasselback taters

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
I bought a flat iron steak for dinner, along with some russet potatoes for some Hasslebacks, and corn. Used Lump charcoal, it sparks a lot, but makes for a nice hot fire in a short time. Just a simple seasoning of Black pepper, garlic and onion powder, and some herb seasoning. The flat iron steak was very moist and tender, with a great flavor. Hasselbacks were great too. Have a great weekend everybody!!!!!

Flat iron steak.

Lump charcoal.

Sparks a lot.

Steak on.

Great color after flipping the steak.

Hasselbacks out of the oven.

Plated :).

Beautiful cook on the steak Michael. I love that you kept the seasoning very simple and let that wonderful piece of meat be the star.

Nice Mike - I love the flavor of flat iron steak, it is a 9 on the "beefiness" scale. Potatoes and corn look great too, I am going to have to give those Hasselback taters a shot one of these days. Great looking cook, Have a great weekend!

Fandamntastic!! That slab is about the best kinda cut of meat, I really love it. It's so delicious.

I love your lump, yours is Sonoran, I get lump from Laredo, so u in Cali get the opportunity for that side of Mexico, I wish I could try that one. Mine sparks a lot too, but it's great in the yard after, I use it for fertilizer. It's the best choice you made to pair with a cowboy steak, good Mexican lump. What do u pay? I pay $2.50 for a bag like that.

This is a great meal. I love it.

Fandamntastic!! That slab is about the best kinda cut of meat, I really love it. It's so delicious.

I love your lump, yours is Sonoran, I get lump from Laredo, so u in Cali get the opportunity for that side of Mexico, I wish I could try that one. Mine sparks a lot too, but it's great in the yard after, I use it for fertilizer. It's the best choice you made to pair with a cowboy steak, good Mexican lump. What do u pay? I pay $2.50 for a bag like that.

This is a great meal. I love it.

Yes, that lump charcoal is great stuff for steaks! The charcoal are ready in about 10 minutes, provides a nice, hot flavorful fire! These bags are cheap out here in Cali. I think I only paid about $5 or 6 bucks for this bag at Food-for-less store. Thanks for all the great comments everybody, love having a simple great tasting meal!!!!

Back