Flames along back?

Dan Wilson

Is it normal to have some amount of gas/flame leakage along the back bar of a Genesis II E310?

Quite difficult to describe but I’ve shot a quick video which shows what I mean, please can anybody let me know if this looks normal or not?

Check out the rear of the pit, there are occasional flames on the pipe which connects the burners across the back.

Thanks in advance!

Normally the crossover tube is lit up all the time. But, as long as your grill lights up all three burners well, there is no problem if it doesn't stay lit.
Make sure the cross over tube is in good shape and the holes along it are all clean.

Is it normal to have some amount of gas/flame leakage along the back bar of a Genesis II E310?

Quite difficult to describe but I’ve shot a quick video which shows what I mean, please can anybody let me know if this looks normal or not?

Check out the rear of the pit, there are occasional flames on the pipe which connects the burners across the back.

Thanks in advance!
Was it real windy? Those flames are "dancing" off the burners like it is getting too much fuel. Does it do that on low?

I have this exact same problem on a Genesis II too, mines a 2 burner but otherwise the same.

As far as I’m aware this is just a metal bar but I’m getting the same kind of licking (no wind). Happens with either burner switched on and I noticed it for the first time this weekend and it seems to be getting worse not better.

Did you solve this?

Back