First smokes of the weekend

Absolutely luscious looking, Mike. I love to hear more on how you prepared that omelet.
With a griddle on my Genesis, I grilled a thin layer of shredded hash browns. Flipped them once working hard to maintain the integrity of their layer. Scrambled up some eggs and poured them on the hash browns. As this set up I added some onions, tomatoes, and cheese then folded it in half. Of course you could add what ever appealed to your taste. Main trick is to maintain somewhat of a rectangular shape, especially when the eggs are added.

Impressive looking plate. The Hashbrown Omelette makes me hungry each time I'm looking on it! :)

With a griddle on my Genesis, I grilled a thin layer of shredded hash browns. Flipped them once working hard to maintain the integrity of their layer. Scrambled up some eggs and poured them on the hash browns. As this set up I added some onions, tomatoes, and cheese then folded it in half. Of course you could add what ever appealed to your taste. Main trick is to maintain somewhat of a rectangular shape, especially when the eggs are added.
Got it, thanks! I've done some similar on the stove but with differences -- I'd like to do as you did. I have a small oval cast iron platter (aka steak platter?) with a lip that would help the shape integrity and is the appropriate size, 6x9", for a breakfast (my wife can't eat most of this -- alpha-gal allergy).

What I've done with a 9" pan on the stove is cook up what needs frying (potatoes, chorizo, whatever), drain if needed,. Whip up eggs with an oz of milk, whatever spices like garlic powder, taragon, basil) and perhaps a couple of oz of shreadded cheese. Pour into the pan, add Roma slices and a layer of cheese and the fried up ingredient, then cover and let sit on med high heat until everything firms up. Then flip, leave uncovered and heat until I'm happy. The eggs puff up nicely around the toppings. One time I started by spreading a half cup of shredded cheddar and heated until the queso frite got a good start then added the eggs etc. Same flip and finish. The queso frite gave a good, strong tone to everything. Your imagination will clearly get you good breakfast and no reason it can't done with a cast iron pan on the grill.

Back