first smoke this week

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey everyone--

Im gonna make my first run this week. I was thinking about doing ribs (the one in the cooking section on this site.) Anyone got any pointers regarding smoking pork loin ribs?

Oh and i was thinking about possibly doing some salmon also. Anyone have any problems with the fishy smell getting mixed into the other meats?
Any information will be appreciated. Thanks!

Jerry

Welcome Jerry!
I would NOT mix salmon with meat. After my first salmon smoke, I followed up chicken a few days later. I could SMELL salmon on the chicken. No one eating it complained but, I knew it was there.
So cook fish seperately. Scrub the grates until absolutely clean ( or burn off residue in a gas grill )....then cook meat.

thanks! definately saved me from having ribs, with a nice fishy smell. haha

Jerry-

Definitely check out Chris' recipes under the cooking header above for tips on loin back ribs...

A trick for salmon, put it on a piece of aluminum foil with the edges turned up to form a rim. That will keep the juice/fat from dripping in your WSM which is what produces that "fishy" taste/smell. I've cooked salmon with other meats and not had a problem as long as I used the foil.

Cheers,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back