First Smoke on the new 22.5

Looks great....But do you always flip ribs?....Where did you order your wood from. I'm just about out of cherry. Which is pretty much all I use. And no source to get more, I lucked into all the cherry I had.

Bill,

I guess I have to say "Yes" to the flipping ribs, since I've made them once, and I flipped them. I'd read that because of 'hot spots' in the WSM, that it is a good idea to flip 'em over, and also end-to-end.

As for the wood... I ordered mine from Mark at http://www.bestbarbecuewood.com/. (I hope it's OK to post this... not promoting in any way). Shipping essentially doubled the advertised price, but it still came out less than others I'd checked out.

They do look beautiful. I never flip mine since I always want the bone side down. Also, up here in the North, Costco always packs two racks per package, but the bottom rack always has breast bones with those annoying little pin bones in them so I rarely buy there.

Oh, interesting... I'll keep an eye out for those. I did locate a phenomenal butcher in the area (40 min away), so I'll probably be buying there from now on. His briskets were fantastic!

I like the bone side down thought... so maybe I'll just flip 'em end for end.

Back