First run on WSM & first run at spare ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add another vote for those Swift brand ribs from Costco. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The ones I got this past weekend were $3.99/lb, came 3 to a pac, and were real meaty. My eldest is going off to college and I wanted to do something special. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I dusted them with my own "Sweet&Hot" rub and let them sit overnight in the frig. The next morning, I started the WSM with 1.5 chimneys of unlit Kingsford, 20 lit, and hickory chunks. When the temp stabilized, I pulled the ribs out of the frig and dusted them again. 30 mins later, I put them into the WSM in rib racks and went to church. Came back 2 hours later, just in time to start mopping them every hour with 50/50 mix of Apple Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar. After 4 hours total, I brushed them with a 50/50 mix of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and the remaining Apple Juice/Apple Cide Vinegar mix. After 30 more mins, pulled them off and let them rest in foil covered aluminum pans for 30 mins.

The aroma was incredible as I sliced them and early arrivals demanded samples. These turned out to be about the best ribs I've ever done. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks TVWB'ers! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A rub with the type of proportions of BRITU I would do for two hours but the refrigerator.
I simply find no need to have meat at room temp when I going to BBQ, grilling is another story.
Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Minion:
[qb] A rub with the type of proportions of BRITU I would do for two hours but the refrigerator.
I simply find no need to have meat at room temp when I going to BBQ, grilling is another story.
Jim [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is it better to pull your meat out for a while if your grilling? I do try to leave my steaks out before I grill them for no longer then an hour sometimes. But I've always been paranoid about leaving poultry out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back