First overnight butt cook (with pics)

Jeremiah Sullivan

TVWBB Member
http://picasaweb.google.com/jeremiahsullivan/PulledPork81407

Smoked 4 shoulders Tuesday night to bring into work for lunch on Wednesday. Started at 6:30pm, pulled one from the top grate at 6:00am, moved the remaining one on the top to the bottom and the two on the bottom to the top (flipped each end for end) for about another hour and then pulled all 3. I did not baste the pork, the first time I removed the lid was 6am, 11.5 hours after starting the cook.

I will be doing mostly overnights from now on for butts methinks, only way to go.

Nothing terribly of merit to note here, all went rather as planned, just feel like sharing.

Coworkers loved it! I've been bringing in bbq semi-regularly lately, great way to share my passion with large group of hungry people. I brought some brisket in the week prior, just didn't take any pics.

Donald:

Thanks for sharing! Keep up the work on the brisket, it took me about a year before I started to be semi-happy with my brisket results. For the record I never got a good one off my kettle (used the bbq baffle, which I love) although I never tried packers, only flats. Now I do only packers and on the WSM, mostly high heat unless there's a butt involved.

Back